CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Which Snakes Can Live together?

Old 08-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #21
CaptBogart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
Actually, Bethany, you are wrong. Kathy is too. I know she knows quite a lot, or so THEY say, but sometimes experience just isn't what it's made out to be. My trio of Softes stuffedis plushie snakes are doing great in a group. I have them in a 29 gallon because it will control their growth-- if there's no space they'll never outgrow it.

This is the male at an outdoor photo shoot:

He has a bit of a temper!

And one of his ladies, in red phase.
What? You keep your Softes stuffedis plushie snakes in a container?! Mine are free range! They have way less stress when they can go wherever they want... well except too low to the ground, or the dogs will eat them, but other than that...

Maybe we can do a breeding loan, here's my male...

Old 08-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #22
SnakeAround
The red lady looks like a Brazilian Rainbow boa!

Old 08-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #23
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsy View Post
They look a bit overweight Lauren. Had you considered cutting down on their stuffing?!
I only feed them two or three large rats once or twice a week. I like them to grow fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBogart View Post
What? You keep your Softes stuffedis plushie snakes in a container?! Mine are free range! They have way less stress when they can go wherever they want... well except too low to the ground, or the dogs will eat them, but other than that...

Maybe we can do a breeding loan, here's my male...
Joe, that blue bowl really makes his colors pop. I've heard some breeder of lowly cornsnakes on this site uses blue bowls too.

PM me about the breeding loan, or we can discuss it in Daytona.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #24
Sweetseraph
I would be interested in setting up a breeding loan too...when my guy is old enough. Shouldn't be long, as he is on 2 rats twice a week and sometimes he gets 10 at a time as a treat. Don't worry; he's free range!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #25
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetseraph View Post
I would be interested in setting up a breeding loan too...when my guy is old enough. Shouldn't be long, as he is on 2 rats twice a week and sometimes he gets 10 at a time as a treat. Don't worry; he's free range!

What is his growth rate like? Mine definitely shrinks when he gets wet and then dries.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #26
bitsy
Quote:
I would be interested in setting up a breeding loan too...when my guy is old enough.
Beware of breeding them too young - the female could get foam-bound.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #27
VickyChaiTea
You guys are so silly.

Anyway, I never recommended co-habbing, ever. Your snakes will live perfectly happy, healthy lives while being kept by themselves. That could change drastically if you co-hab them.

Best case sceneario- Snakes experience minimal stress and live their lives in moderate happiness.

Worst case scenario- One or more of your snakes gets ill and dies, or eat each other, or refuse food, ect.

Why anyone would take that risk is beyond me.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #28
CaptBogart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetseraph View Post

Awwww, that's a little one!

I also have the female and their offspring showing their skills at climbing the racks...

Old 08-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #29
Khaman
Link to old co-hab thread. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31192

Old 08-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #30
knox
I do not co-hab. But I do wonder why different species can be found under the same piece of plywood - including Kings and other snakes which would otherwise be their prey.

True, if one of the snakes get on everyone's nerves, they have the freedom to leave the space.

But still - it makes you think...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
housing