CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Signature Area Line Limit

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
Billybobob
Signature Area Line Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Please restrict the text in your signature areas to NO MORE than 4 lines (and BLANK lines embedded in your signature DO count as a line!). I am seeing much of the display screen being taken up with signature area text rather than the actual messages posted and it's getting a little carried away.

Also please note that graphics within the signature area are very distracting and take up space that is better used for actual message content. As such they are not to be used here. Graphics ARE allowed as avatars, but even then, I am requesting that people use static images ONLY and no animation. Animation looks cute for the first 10 minutes, then you are ready to strangle someone.

Please comply with this request as soon as possible, otherwise I will be forced to delete the signature areas myself of any people ignoring this notice.

Thanks.
Dose this apply to contributing members. I would think so but maybe I am wrong.

I am only bringing this up because I sent a pm to a contributing member who has 10 lines in there signature area regarding this. I received a reply from the person in question saying thanks and thought they would correct the problem. I informed this person about this 2 weeks ago and this person has yet to change it.

I would think that most contributing members would honnor something Rich has asked of all of us.

If contributing members are allowed to have more lines of text, let me say sorry to the person in question and for posting this.