• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this poop ok?

Hi. I just got.a baby corn snake. Never had corn snakes or any other colubrids. I have had a boa before tho and my boas poop was a big pile... I fed my baby on Tuesday and it is now friday... one pinky. And I havent noticed a poop. All I have noticed is this teeny tiny little spot of poop.. actually there is two teeny tiny spots of poop on the shavings... is this ok.. since it's a very small snake? I thought itd be a big pile... well bigger than this.... ok well idk I cant seem to upload the picture I took of the poop.. but it's just a tiny little brown spec... barely noticeable by the naked eye lol.

Young corns have poop that looks like little bird poops. They never excrete in a way that is similar to a boa or python. An adult might sometimes produce feces that have hair in them, but even an adult corn doesn't produce something overly large.

Yes I get that it would be smaller because they are smaller but this is so super small.. I cant believe it. But idk lll. I'm guessing it's fine because the snake itself seems fine. Active and curious.

Most boas (or atleast bcc/bci) will hold their poo for a while. Corns are more regular and will go a few days after eating so they have less poo when they do go.

Ohh. Ok that's pretty helpful. Thank you !! Yes I had a boa before... so i am used to her poops.. and i have a bearded dragon now.. sooo I'm used to their poops.. and then seeing this one was not exactly what i was expecting is all. But tha k you!

Back