CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Female Behaviour

Old 03-15-2020, 04:24 PM   #1
LollyLuna
Exclamation Female Behaviour

Hello,

I’m new here and I know a fair amount about snakes, but I’m absolutely stumped. I took on a snow corn snake about a year ago as someone I knew was going to dump her in the field. From what I was told, she was female and 6 y/o, meaning she could be 7 now. I recently came to turn her light off for the night and found she had what appeared to be blood, we washed off the bits on the surface and assumed she had just gotten stuck somewhere and damaged her scales when she came back out. I checked again in the morning and most of it was gone, healed, bar one larger patch. She has been eating well and been very active, which I had assumed was due to the warmer weather, however tonight I noticed that she was going around in a loop, over herself about 20 times. I picked her up and checked her over, shifted her bedding about, and put her back in. Yet now, she is switching between twisting around herself, and going around herself on a circle, being fine when handled, but being very active and behaving unusually in her enclosure.

This may be normal snow corn snake behaviour, but from what I’m reading it’s only in males, that or I just haven’t read from the correct sources. So, is this normal around this time of year? Or could there be a possibility my she is a he?

Thanks, any advice would help,
LollyLuna

Old 03-16-2020, 09:47 AM   #2
Shiari
It sounds very likely that your 'she' is actually a 'he'.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
behaviour, female, snow corn snake