CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

What breeding projects are you working on this year?

Old 06-17-2020, 05:05 PM   #1
hypnoctopus
What breeding projects are you working on this year?

I'm thinking about adding a new snake to my household later this year and would love to hear about what babies people are expecting to hatch soon!

Old 06-17-2020, 05:18 PM   #2
Shiari
Well, my most exciting one personally is the 18 eggs from my ghost het amel female to Bansidhe, my suspect quad-gene boy. If he proves out next year (this year was just a fertility test), then the babies from this clutch will be Ghosts het charcoal lavender ph amel and maybe even some hypo snows het charcoal lavender.
I also paired Eugene, my large and very docile male back to his large and very docile daughter to try to create even larger and very very docile babies.
Other clutches include-
Sunkissed charcoal (gazer free lines) het diffused to Pewter
Lavender to Pewter
Charcoal motley ph diffused to Charcoal het amel diffused.

2021 will have me pairing Bansidhe to the charcoal het amel diffused to prove out the charcoal (2 eggs from this pair from a previous year with heat spikes had two malformed babies, one charcoal and one blizzard), and also pairing him to a Sulfur motley-stripe to create babies het for the 8 most common hidden hets.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:25 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
Those all sound interesting! What morph is Eugene?

Old 06-17-2020, 05:27 PM   #4
Shiari
Eugene is a big ol' anery who appears to at the least be *not* het hypo or amel. Ms. Moose's mother is my very nice ghost het amel gal and every baby from the clutch was a bog-standard anery... except for the fact that about half the babies were visibly larger than than the others. I kept back the largest and nicest female of the lot.

Old 06-17-2020, 10:19 PM   #5
67temp
Most of my clutches have already hatched. I have one motley Miami that I'm holding back so far. Chance I may hold back a honey diffused Miami. I have 2 clutches left to hatch and those are all an anery based side project I'm holding back at least a year. I may pick up a male specter if I come across one.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:15 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
Honey diffused Miami - I don't think I've ever seen that combo before! You have a picture?

Old 06-18-2020, 07:25 AM   #7
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Honey diffused Miami - I don't think I've ever seen that combo before! You have a picture?
Here is the sire who is a honey diffused Miami het cinder. I'll post a baby pic once one of them has shed.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Old 06-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #8
hypnoctopus
That is really cool looking. Very unique.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #9
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
That is really cool looking. Very unique.
Here is a baby I'm considering holding back that I haven't fully figured out yet.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Old 06-18-2020, 09:14 PM   #10
hypnoctopus
He blends in with the wood so well! Really pretty though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google