CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Two....wait...FOUR new Kings!!

Old 09-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
MysticExotics
Two....wait...FOUR new Kings!!

I've always loved this pattern type in the California Kingsnakes, & when one popped up on CL recently, I caved.
She's small for her age (going on 4 years old & only about 120 grams), she's very pretty.

I also found this male (second photo) & he will be here next week.

**I deleted the pic of the male I'm not getting.
I'm holding off on having him shipped until the first week of Oct, with my plans to move this coming weekend. I didn't want him to be stressed from being shipped out, & then get moved again.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
spyderk
Awesome! She looks similar to my Sherlock. Do you have other Cal kings too?

Old 09-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
She's small for her age (going on 4 years old & only about 120 grams), she's very pretty.
Yikes!!! She is very pretty, congrats on the pickup, though I hope the underfeeding has no adverse effects on her health. Did they never move her up from pinkies?

Old 09-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderk View Post
Awesome! She looks similar to my Sherlock. Do you have other Cal kings too?
I saw your Sherlock & was thinking the same thing!!
These two are my first/only Cali Kings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Yikes!!! She is very pretty, congrats on the pickup, though I hope the underfeeding has no adverse effects on her health. Did they never move her up from pinkies?
Thanks! Well, the girl I got her from claimed she said she was feeding her adult mice, once a week or every two weeks. The thing is, as small as she is, I wouldn't be feeding her anything above a weanling.

There was a change. I saw another male that I liked better, & the breeder is sending me this male, instead of the one I pictured above.

I like the higher black.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #5
rich333
Congrats on the kings!!! Might have to get myself a Cali one of these days.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
Nanci
They are both so pretty! The male looks like a coastal- I can't tell with the female. I think a different locality.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
spyderk
I like the new male too. I *might* be adding another Cal king this week. It'll be a male, though ... but I would love to know if you bred a female like yours to mine, would all the babies turn out that way? Sherlock's dad is a banded king and mom is an aberrant stripe with some banding.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
Buzzard
Very nice Heather

Buzz

Old 09-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich333 View Post
Congrats on the kings!!! Might have to get myself a Cali one of these days.
Thanks! I've always loved these guys, I finally gave in & got them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
They are both so pretty! The male looks like a coastal- I can't tell with the female. I think a different locality.
Thank you Nanci! I don't know anything about the localities. The male I'm buying was just listed as a designer Cali King. The female was just listed as "kingsnake" LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderk View Post
I like the new male too. I *might* be adding another Cal king this week. It'll be a male, though ... but I would love to know if you bred a female like yours to mine, would all the babies turn out that way? Sherlock's dad is a banded king and mom is an aberrant stripe with some banding.
I'm not sure, I am not familiar with the genetics on these guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Very nice Heather

Buzz

Old 09-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
MysticExotics
Additional info on the female (also might explain why she's smaller): The girl I got her from got her from Petco, where she worked. Apparently, this little girl got out of her enclosure as a hatchling, & lived for about a year by stealing finch eggs & eating small fish at the pet store. She said there were periodic sightings of her in the store & it was a year before they caught her, then the girl took her home.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google