• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Loopy's Thread

kdickens

I Yam What I Yam
May as well start one so we'll see if he changes over the next 6 months! On January 10th he turned 6 months old! Time flies by. So today he got weighed ... 16 g. and measured ... 15.7" Yes, still a little guy. But he ate a 'regular' pinkie today (as he did last week) and it took a little longer, but he got it down.

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 410
  • lunch.jpg
    lunch.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 414
Omg, that pic of Loopy eating his pinky is too cute. Cleo sends her best regards to her friend Loopy. Now that he's 16 grams I bet he's going to hit a growth spurt. It seems like they grow so slowly and then, boom, it's two grams every feeding.

Thanks for your thoughts! Yep, I imagine he'll grow a bit faster now, especially since he's started on a larger meal! (Now he thinks he's a big boy) :rofl:
Hope all's well with Cleo!

Thanks for your thoughts! Yep, I imagine he'll grow a bit faster now, especially since he's started on a larger meal! (Now he thinks he's a big boy) :rofl:
Hope all's well with Cleo!

Loopy definitely is a big boy now! He's really looking beautiful, too. His ERO handsomeness is starting to shine.

Oh yes, Cleo's fine and growing like a little snakey weed right now. She's where I took the 2 grams per feeding from, lol. Would you believe she is 31 grams and eating 5 gram fuzzies? She's also eating with the lights on :p Of course, she was 14 grams when I got her at 6 weeks. She's always been pretty big for her age. Now, I'm getting a little concerned about growing her too fast and I am about to stretch feedings by a day.

Here are a couple pics taken today (Feb 2nd) just for fun. His last shed was Dec 5th so I expect that event is soon approaching. That being said, he's probably a bit dingy at the moment! Can't wait to see the 'new' Loopy!

Attachments

• Feb2a.jpg
    Feb2a.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 375
  • Feb 2b.jpg
    Feb 2b.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 370
He's such a handsome fellow. Looking good. Though he will undoubtedly be brighter when he sheds, he looks great to me no. Cleo sends her best to her bud.

Thanks! He's got a couple of 'boomerang' shapes tossed in the mix, and so he's not perfect ... but neither am I so we fit each other just fine!

Thanks! He's got a couple of 'boomerang' shapes tossed in the mix, and so he's not perfect ... but neither am I so we fit each other just fine!

I love Loopy's boomerangs. It's not like we take them to ACR sanctioned snake shows and vie for best in show, lol. There are no written standards against which to judge. Dolly had a butterfly saddle which I loved so much. I think these pattern individualities are special. Loopy wouldn't be Loopy without them. I think he is perfect.

Well, Loopy finally shed ... he was overdue! This was the first time it didn't come off in one piece. So I let him soak in some luke warm water for about 10 minutes, put on some clean cotton gardening gloves (you know, the $1.95 kind!) and let him crawl through my fingers ... it worked! And I've been putting off the weighing/measuring too, so I did that. He's now 16.4" and 22 grams! His weight is finally out of the 'teens'. It's funny too that I fed him 2 days ago and he snarfed it down ... apparently he doesn't care when he's about to shed ... Just feed me!
Pic on left with him wrapped around my wrist is probably a bit more accurate as far as color ... it was next to a window.
He's now 7 months old.

Attachments

• resiz.jpg
    resiz.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 115
  • resizc046.jpg
    resizc046.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 115
At 22 grams he's on his way. I love your pics. He's getting prettier and prettier! Cleo sends her best from under the sphagnum moss in the humid hide.

A couple quick pics from today ...
Loopy's almost 8 months old.

Attachments

• hangin'.jpg
    hangin'.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 107
  • time to quit.jpg
    time to quit.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 104
Are you feeding him 2 pinkies at a time?

He will be ready for fuzzies pretty soon. If you haven't already bought some you might want to start looking for some in the 6 gram area.

Karl ...
Right now I'm feeding him one reg. size pinkie every 5/6 days, but I have some small pinkies left over. So next feeding I'm giving him one of each, to get rid of the small ones. I didn't want to go from one small pinkie to 2 regular ones in one jump, so I'll do a 'small' jump! And, yes, I have the next size already waiting in the freezer. Seems like he's doing okay.

The best day so far! 76° and sunny, so I thought I'd take Loopy out for a few minutes. He really didn't know what to make of 'grass' or 'ground'! Poor little thing, I know it's confusing for him. But it was a warm day and we didn't spend too much time out there. Tomorrow he'll be 8 months old, so let's just call these his 8 months pics!

Attachments

• 3-9-2016.jpg
    3-9-2016.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 3-9-2016 Loopy.jpg
    3-9-2016 Loopy.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 88
looks like fun. I am going to take Rufus to the playground as soon as weather warms up a bit here and get some pictures of him on the Swing, the Slide, and maybe catch his dribbling skills on the basketball court. LOL

Back