CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

baby ID help next please

Old 08-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
tblodgett
baby ID help next please

Hello all,
I posted another thread about one of my other clutches looking to learn and now I have the other. This clutch was to a fire, motley/stripe, het charcoal to a normal, het amel, het bloodred, het motley.

The first is a normal amel, the next two have the bellies with no checkers and a bit of the bloodred looking heads. Any thoughts on if they are fire or just a bit motley?

The last two are what I suspect (hope) are fire stripes. Again, the heads have a bit of the skull look but beyond that, I dont know how to tell if they are amel stripes or if indeed fire stripes. Any thoughts on these? Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience as I try to learn some of these difficult morph ids.

Tom

Old 08-24-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
CornsAustria
first one could be a fire - second one is a amel motley and the last two are amel stripeds

Old 08-25-2018, 09:26 AM   #3
Frank Pinello
My guess is the first is a amel, 2nd is a fire, 3rd amel motley, last two could be striped or fire striped

Old 08-25-2018, 01:54 PM   #4
tblodgett
Thanks for the responses. Is there anything I can look at to help determine if the last two are striped or fire striped?? Thanks again.

Tom

Old 08-25-2018, 05:56 PM   #5
Nanci
If the eyes are red, they are amel or fire. With stripe, the belly is going to be plain white. For fire (so bloodred) you _might_ see clear patches down the center of the belly- like see-through. It goes away fast, though, within a couple sheds. I really try to only breed bloodred to bloodred when stripe or motley is involved, so there is no guesswork.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:13 PM   #6
tblodgett
Thank you Nanci! So please correct me if I am still not getting it. Amel will have more visible patches down belly, fire MIGHT have more clearish patches, and stripe would be fully clear? Thanks for the recommendation also, I didn't even know the female was motely or amel; she was sold as being het bloodred only so I was more than a little surprised with the lil ones hatched.
Tom

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google