• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

new corn owner

sonic1966

Hi all.Being a new corn owner I need advise on bark chippings to be used in my viv,coming from the uk can anyone please help:D

hi you shpuld be able to get hold of reptile bark, or beach chippings either one of these are fine to us

:cool:
We just got our Corn 2 days ago! I used the Repti Bark but didn't dry it first and I had a rain forest in there!! It's great if you dry it first. People here told me to either1)bake it in oven at 250 for 10 to 15 minutes or 2) lay it out on a sheet in the sun. The !st is probably better so you don't have to worry about bugs getting in it outside.
Hope this helps!:)
Colleen

I don't know about the UK that much...
but in the US and Canada, it is very easy to find aspen shavings and they are great for substrates.
I use them and know a lot of keepers here use aspen shavings.

Hi Sonic, I'm from the Uk although I have not started using anything but paper towel's at the moment I know you can get beech chip, I have also seen Hemp which look's very much like the Aspen that a lot of people use. Never seen any Aspen though.

Most of the UK reptile shops have a substrate that they stock. I have found that each of the shops I have visited use something different. E mail me if you ever get into Yorkshire and I will let you know where the best shops are.

Back