CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

First Clutch Finally Pipping!

Old 06-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #91
airenlow
This little baldy head had me excited, but those appear to be belly checkers...correct? He's also not as pink as the other Snows.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #92
Memphios
Those aren't defined checkers. Bloodreds have scattered red splotches on their stomachs. That could be an avalanche...

Edit: Now that I look further toward the head, maybe there are checkers?

Old 06-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #93
Vinman
congrats it looks like a snow blood. The white on the belly that would be there normaly is going to be a different tone of white than the white markings on the belly that would be gray on a anery blood. There are going to be up to 2 markings on the belly the white ground color and the white markings of the dorsal color. Some bloods I hatch out have solid white bellies and some have color on the belly over the white ground color. Good luck you will know for sure once the first shed comes off and possitive once it had a few sheds.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #94
airenlow
Thanks for the input guys! Now I can't wait for him to shed. Fingers crossed!

This little guy ("Bubbles") came from the bloody egg and has a couple scratches...one on his head and another on his neck. How does that happen in the egg?

Old 06-23-2010, 06:14 PM   #95
Vinman
I never heard of that before

Old 06-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #96
BloodyBaroness
Maybe he got all buck wild with his egg tooth?

Old 06-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #97
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
Maybe he got all buck wild with his egg tooth?
I thought that too but how would he cut his own head ?????

Old 06-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #98
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
I thought that too but how would he cut his own head ?????
Hmmm that's a good point Vinny. It's really odd that he was able to cut his head.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #99
carnivorouszoo
Maybe the head cut happened because the egg tooth came off and got stuck between him and the shell? Who knows

Old 06-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #100
airenlow
The two tiny dots on his head and back are the "scratches" I'm talking about...I'm pretty sure it's dried blood.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google