CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

January in Florida.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #11
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddio207 View Post
I'm pretty sure I see a glacier outside my window and it's heading your way

Rethinking Belize ????
Nah... After watching a bunch of videos of the area both with road conditions, culture differences, etc., it's not any place I would want to live. Might be nice to visit as a vacation, but once that novelty wears off, it will likely be nice to come back home.

Anyway, glad I am in Florida rather than up north where there are some brutally cold temperatures lately. Temps should start getting better here in a few days. It's 50 degrees out, and I haven't thought of any reason whatsoever to go outside yet.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #12
Aozora
I'm a native-born Floridian and I moved to South Carolina a while back. I have water for blood, I can't handle this "cold" nonsense.

On one hand, it makes me feel better that it's just as cold in FL as it is in the rest of the country. On the other hand, the low here tonight is 12.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #13
daddio207
Polar Vortex will be the name of my next snake. My youngest child missed that bullet ha-ha

how about Hawaii ?

Old 01-24-2014, 12:20 AM   #14
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddio207 View Post
Polar Vortex will be the name of my next snake. My youngest child missed that bullet ha-ha

how about Hawaii ?
From what I have heard it is VERY expensive to live in Hawaii. Plus heck, I dunno, living right over top of active volcanoes just doesn't seem to be a very wise thing to do.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:01 AM   #15
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
From what I have heard it is VERY expensive to live in Hawaii. Plus heck, I dunno, living right over top of active volcanoes just doesn't seem to be a very wise thing to do.
Yeah, good point!
See, this is the problem every time I look around for a warmer place to live. Volcanoes, tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, venomous, poisonous, crime, seems to me that a few months of cold and snow is easily survivable compared to all that.
If it wasn't for that darn Polar Vortex !!! -9 this morning

Old 01-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #16
Rich Z
The temps here overnight didn't get as low as they had predicted. Got down to just about 32 degrees around midnight and then reversed direction to get up to 36 degrees. They are still calling for a low of 21* tonight, but looks like precipitation is to the west of us and heading this way. Lordy, sure hope that doesn't mean snow coming. I can do without seeing that crap around here.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #17
daddio207
I'm just hoping we get up to 32* here soon!

Years ago, I almost bought a place in the Myrtle Beach area for the winter months. A vacation home until full retirement. Guess it's not south enough now.
Never been to the FL keys but like the looks of "island life". I would guess it's expensive to live there too. One of these days I would like to tour them on my motorcycle but getting there on a bike is killing that dream.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #18
Nanci
You could trailer your bike down to Key largo, then go from there. I can't imagine the keys are anywhere close to as expensive as Hawaii is.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #19
daddio207
We have talked about trailering our bikes down to Bradenton where my dad lives and taking the bikes from there. We always ride the bikes to wherever we go but I think if we are serious about riding the keys then we will have to trailer them .

I was curious how long from here and mapquest'd it to Key Largo. Apparently there is a major traffic jam or the Polar Vortex is causing a 463 day delay LOL

''27 hrs 45 mins / 11137 hrs 41 mins based on current traffic''

Old 01-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #20
Nanci
I used to drive from MN to FL before I moved here and it was about 24 hours.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google