CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Neither rain nor sleet......

Old 12-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #1
Rich Z
Neither rain nor sleet......

Quote:
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. While the Postal Service has no official motto, the popular belief that it does is a tribute to America's postal workers.
This image was taken several days ago at my local post office.

You do have to wonder where this mail carrier needs to go that would require the added engine modification of an air intake snorkel on their vehicle.

But I guess that is life living here out in the boonies.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:50 AM   #2
Twolunger
That's for delivering priority mail to the snake hunters in the Everglades. Hope the door seals are in good shape.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:27 PM   #3
Rich Z
I have to chuckle whenever I read that quote about the postal service. When I lived in Fallston, Maryland, we had a postal carrier that for a while refused to deliver the mail because there was a rock in front of the mailbox, and she would have had to get out of her truck in order to take two steps to deliver the mail.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:26 AM   #4
April0684
Hmm guess their different all over. My dads a retired postal carrier and that behavior would not have flown in our town.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:41 AM   #5
Karl_Mcknight
he may have the submarine route

Old 12-09-2017, 10:52 AM   #6
Twolunger
Having worked for the postal service for over 30 years I can tell you that I've worked with some of the most dedicated people you will ever meet. I can also say I've worked with a few that did not care about their customers or the postal service. Sounds like your MD carrier was one of the latter.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google