CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Giant Desert Centipede bite

Old 01-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #11
Nanci
I love having jumping spiders in the house or the car. I can tolerate the huntsmen spiders (everyone calls them wolf spiders) in the house, because I imagine what they're eating. I get a black widow inside the door every once in a while, and I relocate them outside. I've never seen a scorpion in FL, but I found one inside a ceiling light globe, once! Dead. I don't like centipedes, but have a fondness for the big millipedes. Outside, I like the orb weavers. They don't hurt anyone, and are virtually helpless on the ground.

Old 01-02-2018, 04:38 PM   #12
Rich Z
We find scorpions around here reasonably often, but they seem to stay hidden as much as possible. Even sometimes in the house. Fortunately never been stung by any. They are normally quite small.

When we were down in Sanibel we found two HUGE jet black scorpions down there on the island. One DOR and another upstairs at the top of the stairs in the house we were staying in.

We tend to have more centipedes than millipedes around here. Matter of fact I would consider the millipedes as being rather rare on our property.

Golden Orb Weavers we have aplenty. But of course, they are now history until Spring. I really don't like walking into a web face first, so I have often had to get them out of a pathway.

We also have a peculiar type of spider that is fair sized and stays pretty much hidden until nightfall when it quickly builds a web, and then takes it up in the morning. These prove to be a challenge when I have to go outside at night for any reason, as there is no telling where one of the webs might pop up without any prior warning.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google