CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Live Egg Cam

Old 02-22-2005, 11:56 AM   #31
hediki
i was just wondering if the hatchlings know what derection is up when there in egg by using gravity, or they just pop out some were.

Old 02-22-2005, 12:10 PM   #32
Serpwidgets
Seems like when they are first "switched on" they start writhing around and the egg tooth makes slits in the eggshell wherever it hits. I don't think they necessarily aim up, at the very beginning anyway. Then in the process of pushing around, their head pops out. That's what it looked like to me when I've observed it, at least.

I've sat fascinated as I watched one make slits by pushing all over on the egg from the inside, and then the head just shot out when it pushed on an opening. They then sit there and start breathing. I think for at least some length of time they're getting oxygen both from breathing and gas exchange through the eggshell into their bloodstream, at least until the connection breaks. (I wonder at what point the umbilical cord physically disconnects?)

Sometimes they get egg "goo" covering their nostrils and you can see that they are simply breathing the same air in and out of the bubble. It's pretty funny. Maybe we'll catch one of them doing it this year.

No, I'm not excited at all...

Old 02-22-2005, 01:11 PM   #33
E. g. guttata
Can you tell me how you set it up to run on the site like that so I can try something like this?? It's awesome. That video cell phone will constantly be connected to the net so I can watch mine, I swear. lol
Anyways, waiting with anticipation for the hatchling to emerge .

Old 02-22-2005, 01:31 PM   #34
hediki
i think i c the one coming out of the one on the left , im gonna try to do this when i start breeding leos around next year. can u post how u do it

Old 02-22-2005, 01:53 PM   #35
howiet4702
here comes the lil' head

Old 02-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #36
Hurley
The fog on the lid is getting a little worse this afternoon, but the little head has been making some appearances. LOL I'll get you all some clear shots when I get home tonight.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:43 PM   #37
Traci1
not sure...(the pic isn't as clear as it was this morning) but I think the second one in from the other end is starting!

right now the first one has it's little head poking out again. I love this!

Old 02-22-2005, 02:51 PM   #38
Hurley
Saw a nose a bit ago from that 2nd from the left.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:53 PM   #39
mbdorfer
Yeah, the second one from the left is definitely movin' about.
"Hey Dad, can you help me with my homework"
"Not now, I'm watching the egg cam"
This is too cool!

Old 02-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #40
howiet4702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley
Saw a nose a bit ago from that 2nd from the left.

HMMM....didn't see that one yet...I will need to go check again

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google