CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Caramel Blood Reds

Old 02-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #11
ghosthousecorns
So when are these orphaned unpaired adults up for sale? Any chance of an insider heads up? I don't think I would be the only one wishing they don't all get wholesaled

Old 02-27-2008, 12:50 AM   #12
Rich Z
To be perfectly honest, shipping adults is just too darn expensive when done retail. A box with a bunch of adults in it going across the country via overnight express costs quite a bit more than my standard shipping charge. After losing money on several shipments, I just figured that this wasn't going to work out.

Plus people want photos of them and detailed descriptions, so that puts extra strings attached to each sale that usually takes more time than I have available to put into it.

No, I don't make as much money wholesaling them, but taking a group of boxes to the airport and sending them ALL off at one time is infinitely easier on my nervous system. I think one of the deciding moments was when I sold a guy a big Miami Phase female that was an honest to goodness puppy dog, and he wanted to return it because he thought it was SO mellow that there was something wrong with it. So I took it back and started looking a LOT harder at some of the retail stuff I've been doing.....

Yeah, I tried the retailing bit with the adults in years passed, but nearly always I wound up with a bunch of lone males left over after all the females were picked clean, and then had trouble getting ANYTHING for the males, even from the wholesalers.

And to be honest, even selling them wholesale, I still get a pretty penny for them....

As for the unpaired adults this year, heck, I dunno. There are some animals there that I would REALLY like to see the results from. Might have to set up some sort of sleazy snake pimp motel for them........

Old 02-27-2008, 12:58 AM   #13
ghosthousecorns
Awww.. Why don't you just raise the adult ship rates to what it actually costs? Broke as I am I would probably find some $ someplace! I haven't cashed in my retirement funds yet!

Oh well I got a couple of nice adults from your previous surplus sales and beauties from last out of egg sale so I suppose I will have to be content

Old 02-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #14
Nozomi
Can't wait to see the babies. Hopefully I'm allowed another if you decide to sell them! I love caramels and those are beautiful

Old 02-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #15
Snakexperience
Very nice!!!
They make me think of this granite male, only they're caramel:

Arjan

Old 03-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #16
patm1313
The snakes must be republicans.

Look in the center. Read the newspaper.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #17
Rich Z
Nah.... If they were Republicans, they would have taken a dump there....

Old 03-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #18
batwrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
As for the unpaired adults this year, heck, I dunno. There are some animals there that I would REALLY like to see the results from. Might have to set up some sort of sleazy snake pimp motel for them........

Sent you a PM.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:47 AM   #19
Caryl
I know this thread's a tad old, but I was wondering if you'd maybe decided about selling some of these beauties. I pretty much love everything caramel, and would really love to get my hands on a caramel blood or three. Thanks.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:35 PM   #20
Rich Z
Actually, since I am now producing the Amber Blood Reds and a few Butter Blood Reds (Sulfurs), I really don't have much incentive to produce the Caramel Bloods any longer.

On a more positive note, I have decided to lower the price substantially on the Amber Bloods, since it seems I way overshot the mark on them when I set up my price list.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google