CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

!!!! My Unexpected EGGS !!!!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #11
Lexcorn
Good luck with the eggs.

The infertile ones will smell in a few days time so you would do well to part with them fairly soon.

Keep us posted.

Regards. Lex

Old 03-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
brtrude
i think that i might give the bad looking eggs until tomorrow and if there still looking as bad i will get rid of them and focus on the good ones.
the bad ones are also squishy and sticky which i know is a bad sign!

thank you to everyone for all the nice comments and support!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #13
Nanci
Well, it's at least nice to know she can lay eggs!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #14
brtrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Well, it's at least nice to know she can lay eggs!
ye i was thinking that before, and its good experience for me anyway. If this would be to happen again i would be able to see the signs a bit earlier!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #15
ForkedTung
This is like one of those situations where your 15 yr. old unmarried niece who is "in love" but won't marry her boyfriend confides she's pregnant and going to have the baby.... Congrats... ( I think.... ) lol
Seriously, Would it be possible to find out who the Sire is?
Also I use a large syringe ( no needle) to give the ladies water after laying. I've found that some won't touch the water bowl and I don't think spraying gives them enough, but they all take water from the end of a syringe when offered. I also give pinkies! to MOM, I find they'll readily take one or two within a few mins or hours after laying and it would be easier on their dig. system as well as still offering sustenance . I try to give my girls the very best of care after laying!
I watched my former wife pregnant and was right there when my son was born and so have great respect for all animals that give birth. I certainly know I would never go through that and suspect that if men had the kids then we all would've died out along time ago.........

Old 03-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #16
brtrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
This is like one of those situations where your 15 yr. old unmarried niece who is "in love" but won't marry her boyfriend confides she's pregnant and going to have the baby.... Congrats... ( I think.... ) lol
Seriously, Would it be possible to find out who the Sire is?
Also I use a large syringe ( no needle) to give the ladies water after laying. I've found that some won't touch the water bowl and I don't think spraying gives them enough, but they all take water from the end of a syringe when offered. I also give pinkies! to MOM, I find they'll readily take one or two within a few mins or hours after laying and it would be easier on their dig. system as well as still offering sustenance . I try to give my girls the very best of care after laying!
I watched my former wife pregnant and was right there when my son was born and so have great respect for all animals that give birth. I certainly know I would never go through that and suspect that if men had the kids then we all would've died out along time ago.........
excellent post!
so do you think i should offer her some pinkies in a abit? even though she refused a small mouse before?

Old 03-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #17
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtrude View Post
excellent post!
so do you think i should offer her some pinkies in a abit? even though she refused a small mouse before?
I would and just leave them on a small dish or plate.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #18
brtrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
I would and just leave them on a small dish or plate.
good idea!

Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
Eriathiel
Good Luck! That's a shocker!

I agree with Nanci... a kingsnake is in order! Of course I would use it just as an excuse to get another snake...

I really hope a couple make it for you. It will be interesting to see what morphs they are.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #20
starsevol
LOL
I've only had my kingsnake for 2 days...and all I could think of when I saw that pile of slugs was "Maytag would LOVE those"!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google