CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

!!!! My Unexpected EGGS !!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #41
brtrude
she looks so deflaited right now!
do you guys recomend that i pick her up just for a moment so that i can get the aspen puched back across to that side of the tub and get her water bowl back were it should be and get her on some aspen? so shes not lying on bare tub?
im going to offer her a mouse later. this girl needs some meals down her for sure!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #42
ForkedTung
WOW 31 EGGS....that poor girl...was she sold to you as a virgin, meaning unproven? It makes sense that she wouldn't eat anything while still in labor. I would do whatever it took to make sure she gets as much water as possible, she msut be extremely dehydrated. Best of luck to you and especially her!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #43
brtrude
thank you. i think i will gently pick her up and sort her tub out. it will give me chance to put her head to her water bowl to properly offer her some water.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #44
MinLynn
Poor tired little girl! Can you imagine giving birth to 31 babies?! I'd be excited over the unexpected little ones but at the same time maybe just a little bit ticked off. That could be me,though. Unless you knew she was proven. Then that's a different story, altogether.

I hope she starts perking up for you. If she doesn't start drinking, I'd try the syringe idea.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #45
brtrude
i have just sorted all her tub out so at least it must be a bit more comfortable for her!
i held her head the her water bowl and she drank a lot! which i wsa pleased about. i have left two pinkies in with her on some tissue so wel see if she eats them or not a bit later!

Old 03-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #46
Maize411
Talking

Oh my god! 31 eggs, that's incredible!! I"m sorry to hear most were slugs but here's wishing the best of luck to ya for the healthy ones! Poor girl is going to need a big rest after all this..lol

Old 03-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #47
MinLynn
I'm glad she drank for you! She's probably just so very tired. Maybe a fresh clean house and a good rest will do her some good!

Old 03-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #48
brtrude
i know i think that when i get chance im going to need to properly clean her tub out and put some fresh aspen in there. i dont want to keep bothering her though so il wait one or two days to do that

Old 03-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #49
brtrude
just a quick update on my girl....

the good news is that shes starting to look a bit perkier and this morning i saw her moving around her tub and she made her own way to her water bowl for a nice long drink.
the bad news is that i havnt yet got her to eat any pinkies or very small mice that i have offered to her.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #50
kathylove
That is quite a load of eggs!

If you get her fattened up nicely, you might try putting her with a male several weeks earlier next year.

It is important to take her out and let her crawl back into her cage in a very relaxed manner. Then you can push your index finger (or possibly a couple of fingers) into her belly a bit as she crawls. And cup her body with the rest of your hand so that your index finger is able to gently probe her belly. That way, you can feel if there are any other "bumps" (eggs) as she crawls. If her muscles are too tight, you won't be able to palpate, so be sure she is relaxed and crawling slowly. I describe the process in my book, and what to do if she is eggbound. Hopefully you won't have to deal with that this year.

She will probably go blue shortly, so may not eat until she sheds.

Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google