CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Early introductions

Old 05-24-2010, 08:38 AM   #71
carnivorouszoo
The buldge and leaking thing are wierd. I will deff be following up on this!

Old 05-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #72
diamondlil
Update on Kate's clutch. The diatomaceous earth has killed all the flies, I managed to carefully peel away the remains of the egg that leaked, and 'bulgy' isn't leaking.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:34 AM   #73
diamondlil
We've had freakishly hot weather (probably this is the whole of the English 'summer' over 4 days!) but thanks to the new incubator, stable temperatures!
The 'bulgy' egg hasn't leaked or changed at all.
3 of Pearl's eggs look a bit funky, she's taking a long time to recover from laying so I'm wondering if she's actually a few years older than originally thought, if her clutch isn't successful I'll think about retiring her from breeding.
And weirdly, Belle still hasn't laid and is going into shed. She's in rude health, I can distinctly feel at least 8 bumps in her, so I'm wondering if she retained sperm and ovulated and fertilised the eggs later after being separated into her tub

Old 06-12-2010, 02:55 AM   #74
CALIVIK
Hey Girl! I love your threads they are so informative! What day are your clutches at so I can keep track. We have a UhOh! clutch. 7 eggs @ 14d, 6 candling veins 1 not. You know me I'm a buyer not a breeder. Poor hubby is gonna FREAK OUT w/ all these snakes!!! LOL!
Anyway just chkin in on you guys!
Congrats!
LoveYa MissYaMomma!!

Old 06-12-2010, 03:01 AM   #75
desertanimal
Does rude health mean good health or bad health? Hope she's ok!

Old 06-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #76
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertanimal View Post
Does rude health mean good health or bad health? Hope she's ok!
It's all good, she's gone blue and laid up in her laybox, so maybe this is her prelay shed from a delayed fertilization Of course I'm worried because she's the keeper from my first ever breeding and not following the conventions, but she's a big healthy girl so I'm leaving her to do her own thing.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #77
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
We've had freakishly hot weather (probably this is the whole of the English 'summer' over 4 days!) but thanks to the new incubator, stable temperatures!
The 'bulgy' egg hasn't leaked or changed at all.
3 of Pearl's eggs look a bit funky, she's taking a long time to recover from laying so I'm wondering if she's actually a few years older than originally thought, if her clutch isn't successful I'll think about retiring her from breeding.
And weirdly, Belle still hasn't laid and is going into shed. She's in rude health, I can distinctly feel at least 8 bumps in her, so I'm wondering if she retained sperm and ovulated and fertilised the eggs later after being separated into her tub
For some reason, several of my girls are taking exceptionally long to lay eggs this year. I have one girl that shed twice before laying but after the second shed she still took 17-18 days. It has to be some thing to do with weather or the stars or some thing. LOL

Old 06-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #78
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
For some reason, several of my girls are taking exceptionally long to lay eggs this year. I have one girl that shed twice before laying but after the second shed she still took 17-18 days. It has to be some thing to do with weather or the stars or some thing. LOL
Ah, that's interesting, so I'll still be hopeful that this is Belle's prelay shed!

Old 06-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #79
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIVIK View Post
Hey Girl! I love your threads they are so informative! What day are your clutches at so I can keep track. We have a UhOh! clutch. 7 eggs @ 14d, 6 candling veins 1 not. You know me I'm a buyer not a breeder. Poor hubby is gonna FREAK OUT w/ all these snakes!!! LOL!
Anyway just chkin in on you guys!
Congrats!
LoveYa MissYaMomma!!
Seeing as the girls spread out their laying, the clutches should be hatching over the next few weeks.
The clutches today are at; Sundance, day 50 Annie, day 38 Kate, day 33
Pearl, day 31, Polly, day 23. Belle has cleared and is hopefully about to have her prelay shed.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #80
CALIVIK
Thanks Janine they are spread out. How exciting!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google