CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

I think I found a Homemade viv Design I like.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:46 PM   #71
Allalaskan
Yes Seth will move to the bottom. Also The kids CAN open the big one if they tried (not that they are allowed to) so I don't think the bottom door (yes Seth will have his own door ) will be to big of an issue. I plan on getting the same latch and hinges for the bottom door as I used on the top door but There is a way I can drill a hole with the latches that I can put a lock through them, so I think when I finish the bottom chamber I will drill holes in all the latches that way I can pickup some small locks and keep it locked shut. Im not to worried about my 2 oldest but in around 7 months to a year our youngest will be able to reach that bottom door so I do plan on having it lock some how.

Also there is enough plexi that when the door is done I think I'm going to cut a piece to fit the whole floor of the bottom chamber, then I will just put the heat tape under that. I am also thinking about later picking up another piece of plexi to do the same for the upper chambers. I'm not sure if I will do it for the upper chambers, but its a thought.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:35 AM   #72
Dreamsnake
My two year old son would find away to lock himself in with the snake. I'd love to have a cool furniture viv like that. But we're going to be moving soon and all of the snake stuff needs to be easy to transport.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:27 AM   #73
Allalaskan
haha, my 2 year old daughter knows now to mess with it, granted I will catch her once in a while standing up on the little table trying to get a better view.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #74
Allalaskan
Well, I finished it

Here it is...

Its not perfect,and the door sticks out a little bit but its all functional and it doesnt look to bad (in my opinion)

Old 08-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #75
Allalaskan
grr, sorry that last picture didnt flip like I TOLD IT TO on photobucket haha.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #76
Jdog3131
Charlie it looks really really good.

Has the "hobo wiring" changed now lol:P

mmm

Old 08-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #77
Jdog3131
Ok that mmm was supposed to be a test and i was supposed to hit "preview post" but hit "submit reply"

I meant to say that i am not trying to be mean with saying hobo wiring as my son(Im Joe's mom typing)has the same thing.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #78
Allalaskan
Haha, no problem. Yes I still have the "hobo wiring" in place lol. I Haven't picked up any thermostats yet, that is something I need to get though that way I dont have to worry about adjusting the dimmers a couple times a day.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #79
Jdog3131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allalaskan View Post
Haha, no problem.
OK, good.That would be a really bad first impression.(at least I think so)

Old 08-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #80
Allalaskan
haha, ya its not a big deal. I believe I was the first one to call it hobo wiring lol, but it does work

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google