CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

Available snakes

Old 02-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #41
MysticExotics
Ok, the update:
The rent to own house is no longer available. I did meet with my mortgage broker, & have some good news & have to wait to see if I can get a loan. My credit scores & debt to income ratio are good enough to get a house in the range I want, the thing I am waiting on is to see if a lender will approve me, after having to do a short sale on the house my ex & I owned.
I have a house in mind, that I have seen the oustide & pics of the inside. It's a cute little 3br 1.5 ba house built in 1939. It has hardwood floors (yay! I hate carpet), granite counter tops, & a huge shop out back.
It's also 1.5 miles/5 minutes from where I work.

I should find out Tuesday, if I can get financed. The biggest hurdle is the short sale that was 8 months ago. If I can get a lender to approve me, I should be good to go.
(Fingers & toes crossed!)

The snakes that are on hold will go to the people who want them, & there are a few left that are looking for homes, but since I (hopefully) will be moving eventually, I am hanging onto a few of the ones that I previously had listed as available.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #42
Em Wright
That's fantastic Heather!! The house sounds really nice. Lots of space for snakes. You might also look into Owner Financing... I know in this area there's a lot of houses like that. I hope this house works out for you though, sounds like it would be great! *hugs* Good luck!

Old 02-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #43
MysticExotics
Thanks Em! I don't want to get my hopes up just yet, I don't know if I can get a loan yet. My credit was better, until the short sale. Even with the short sale, as of today, my scores are still high enough to qualify. Let's just hope I can find a lender to approve me.
One of the things I like about this house I like is that not only does it have a huge shop, but there's a separate basement room, that can only be accessed from outside, that is insulated & has electrical, that could make a great feeder colony room.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #44
josie
That's great news! I really hope your approved for the loan and find a house that you love! I would tell your landlord that he can thank his wife for you move.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #45
Em Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by josie View Post
I would tell your landlord that he can thank his wife for you move.
For sure!

Though, do be careful. The last time I moved I told my landlord ahead of time and he decided to start pulling some dirty tricks... like having the electricity shut off before I was scheduled to move.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #46
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by josie View Post
That's great news! I really hope your approved for the loan and find a house that you love! I would tell your landlord that he can thank his wife for you move.
LOL-I won't be telling him anything, just yet, but I will certainly tell him when I give notice, that it is thanks to their attitude, when I have been an excellent renter, is what caused me to move.

I should also tell him that his wife won't have to be afraid of my snakes anymore.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #47
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
For sure!

Though, do be careful. The last time I moved I told my landlord ahead of time and he decided to start pulling some dirty tricks... like having the electricity shut off before I was scheduled to move.
Yeah, I won't be giving any hints that I'm leaving until it's a done deal.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:20 AM   #48
ZoologyGirl
Hope everything works out properly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
(yay! I hate carpet),
lol I'm just the opposite, I love carpet. As long as it is clean and plushy. I like it in the living room and bedrooms. In other rooms I like hardwood or stone tile.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:16 AM   #49
Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
Oh, Heather, I'm sure hoping you can get approved for a loan! That would be fantastic! AND, you can write off any interest payments on the mortgage (most of which come in the first 10 years). That can make a HUGE difference at tax time.

Good luck! Here's hoping for good news :-).

Old 02-20-2011, 04:19 AM   #50
MysticExotics
Thanks! I have to wait til Tuesday, with Monday being a holiday, & I found out the house I was interested in has a pending sale, but it ended up being in an area that doesn't qualify for the type of loan I am going for.
I will be talking to my real estate agent tomorrow about a few houses I would like to see, & then hopefully Tuesday will bring good news about lending.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google