CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Snake Hide Ideas?

Old 01-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #21
Alaya
Smooth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
I use rubbermaid drawer organizers with a 2 inch hole drilled in the bottom (top).

D80
I went out today and bought a ton of these little bins to use for both the snakes and mice. I went to drill one, and the edges came out really rough. I would be concerned about the snake with all the sharp plastic sticking out. How did you get it all smooth? I used my usual 2 inch drill bit.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #22
CornyApollo
Oh no! I meant cypress! Hahaha. For my Ball. I fail. I'm aware of the risks of pine and cedar. But thanks for mentioning it.

Gotcha! I love the texture. Although, it is aspen, and Apollo loves his current substrate anyway.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #23
CornyApollo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
I went out today and bought a ton of these little bins to use for both the snakes and mice. I went to drill one, and the edges came out really rough. I would be concerned about the snake with all the sharp plastic sticking out. How did you get it all smooth? I used my usual 2 inch drill bit.
I haven't done this, but I would try sand paper or a nail file. I used a nail file to get plastic smooth for a hide.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #24
PAIN
Quote:
You could use wet sandpaper, its black and says "WET SAND" on the back. Whatever you are sanding just hold it under running water and sand it at the same time always keeping both the sandpaper and the area wet. It comes out amazingly smooth and buffed at the same time.

I do it all the time when I have any sharp edges on things I cut.

Cheers

Old 01-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #25
Drizzt80
Quote:
How did you get it all smooth? I used my usual 2 inch drill bit.
Razor blade the first time batch. Dremel tool was easier and faster the second batch.

D80

Old 01-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #26
Alaya
I was hoping to not have to sand, I have 25 of these things to cut (I got smaller ones for smaller snakes too). I don't have a dremel tool... I might try using a soldering iron to melt down the sharp parts.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:03 AM   #27
JennaJ
Had to be a smart @**, sorry

Old 01-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #28
CornyApollo
That's adorable!

Old 01-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #29
airenlow
Small animal igloos...

Gum containers...

Old 01-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #30
CornyApollo
Thanks so much! I cannot believe I never thought of those igloo containers!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google