• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Age restriction? Kids on the forum.

Pyzik

This is not a complaint. Just a question and an observation.

Is there an age restriction to join the forums? I didn't see one when joining, it just asked me for my birthday.

My first love is guns, so I am on a lot of gun forums. Obviously there are no kids on gun forums (Yes, sometimes there is the adult that acts like a child but that's another topic).

I see there are quite a few posts here that are difficult to read and seem to be kids posting or written by kids (pre-teens, teens maybe). Again, I am NOT complaining. It's good that if they are kids that they are into snakes and occupying their time with them rather than getting in trouble.

Does anyone know if a good portion of the community is of the younger crowd?

Now, I don't have kids and am very rarely around kids (Christmas with family is about the only time) so I'm just not used to it I guess.

There is not an age restriction on this site. And we can still talk about guns!

A person's age, or at least what they claimed as such, used to be listed, but that feature was disabled. I think most of us would LOVE to have that back...

Some of the teens hang in here with us- mostly they lose interest and move on.

There is not an age restriction on this site. And we can still talk about guns!

A person's age, or at least what they claimed as such, used to be listed, but that feature was disabled. I think most of us would LOVE to have that back...

Some of the teens hang in here with us- mostly they lose interest and move on.
Thanks! I haven't gone into anyone's profile to see their age, but I guess that would be a give away. :idea:

Oh, if I get started I guns I'd never shut up.
blah~0.gif

I am sure some here can relate, just about Herps!

Pretty much all my income that doesn't go toward rent, bills, and groceries goes to snakes and guns.

A portion of my tax returns usually go towards my gun fund or other hobbies (snakes, carnivorous plants, etc.). Welcome to the forum Pyzik.

That's the cool thing about this forum. Not only can a person have a diverse interest in snakes, or other herps, but there are all kinds of other shared interests here from gaming to guns to wine to furries to dogs to horses to glass blowing to- anything! Everyone is so supportive and interested in what interests other people.

I don't necessarily think it's just the teens and kids that post hard to decipher things... unfortunately the internet is full of people who just don't care for spelling and grammar. I was told by one person that "th1z iz teh w@y u rite nw, nd iz teh futr". That was probably a high school drop out, but still. People think that writing like that is acceptable on the internet.. thankfully, most of the forum members here either ignore a post like that, or tell the poster that if they can't spell and use grammar then no one is going to answer their questions, as they are too difficult to decipher.

Nope, no restrictions on age here.

Every once in a while I will get an email or PM in "texting shortcut slang". As of yet, I have never replied to any of them. And I doubt I ever will. :grin01:

So if that is the future, well, I think I'll pass, please and thank you.

Some people cant spell very well like myself. And cell phones auto correct the wrong word or does the drag thing when you didnt want it to
I think spelling errors and unwanted auto-corrects are different from what Rich is talking about. I do believe he means actual text slang like Gr8, 2G2BT, CUL8R and so on.

Back