• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

College Football

Joejr14

Grand Bubble Burster
I'm sure we've got some college football fans on the board, so I'm wondering what you guys think of the recent NCAA rule banning Native American mascots, symbols, etc from NCAA postseason events.

I could care less cuz it doesn't affect my University, unlike that bigoted and Native American hating Florida school. Racism is just sick Joe! :puke01:

On a related note, at least FSU won't have to worry about making the post season so the ban doesn't really hurt you guys too much!

Of course I don't really follow college ball..............

:roflmao: :laugh01:

College ball ??

Let's start talking NFL.....not that farm system we call the NCAA !! :grin01:

I'm with you!

Gronk said:
College ball ??

Let's start talking NFL.....not that farm system we call the NCAA !! :grin01:

I count the days until the NFL season starts and baseball ends! I am a die hard redskin fan.

Oish, the NFL blows.

It's a bunch of whiny millionaires bitching that they don't make enough money. There's no pagentry and no spirit like there is in college football.

I've been to NFL games, and they simply do not compare at all to college games.

Joejr14 said:
Oish, the NFL blows.

It's a bunch of whiny millionaires bitching that they don't make enough money. There's no pagentry and no spirit like there is in college football.

I've been to NFL games, and they simply do not compare at all to college games.

How about MLB?

Joejr14 said:
Oish, the NFL blows.

WOW, something i can agree with you on! i don't watch football anymore. i choose to watch Extreme fighting instead. UFC, K-1,Pride,etc....., REAL men that aren't afraid to get hurt, and they do it for a helluva lot less than NFL players make.

Joe, you only look at the cheerleaders anyway.... :grin01:

Mia...die hard Lions fan here...sigh...I think the "die" part is most applicable ! LOL ! Used to have season tickets..but escalating cost and poor performance on the field made me let them go.

Speaking of ticket prices, Division I college tickets are as much as NFL tickets! Tickets for the Texas A&M-Texas Game are $85!!!! I can see the Cowboys play the 'Skins for only another $15. :eek1:

CAV said:
Speaking of ticket prices, Division I college tickets are as much as NFL tickets! Tickets for the Texas A&M-Texas Game are $85!!!! I can see the Cowboys play the 'Skins for only another $15. :eek1:

You guys are getting ripped off.

Tickets for FSU games are $30-$38 ($38 for being the higher end games this year).

Hell, season tickets are only $214.

CAV said:

Well, you have to take into consideration CAV... thats kind of a big rival game. I would expect the same thing from a U of A and ASU game. I would pay that much to see a few games. Like a Tenn and FSU game again ;) Watching those damn floridians walk out of my state hanging their heads in shame... lol (Sorry... couldn't resist)

And Gary, its also because the Cowboys um... well they aren't worth it anyways... :)

That game was horsecrap. A terrible showing.

I want a rematch with Tenn. They're lucky that Weinke was hurt for that game or they would have gotten spanked.

Joejr14 said:
You guys are getting ripped off.

Tickets for FSU games are $30-$38 ($38 for being the higher end games this year).

Hell, season tickets are only $214.

Is that for students or real people Joe? Our student tickets are that price too. I'd hardly call it getting ripped off....Kyle Field is widely considered to be one of the top three college venues in the entire country. ;)

Jynx said:
Well, you have to take into consideration CAV... thats kind of a big rival game.

Actually the other 5 home games are $75, 2 @ $60, and 2 non-conference games @ $50 for a season ticket price of $375-$445 depending on where the seats are. Oh, and 5 of the six will sell out above the capacity seating of 82,600.

Attachments

• kylefield.jpg
    kylefield.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 10
Back