CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Looking for display cages...

Old 11-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Chip
Looking for display cages...

I'm in the market for some display cages (probably 3) that I can use for corns or hognose. I like to offer hoggies a very hot hotspot, so they will need to be very well ventilated. My hope is to use radiant heat panels, and something along the lines of 36 X 24 X 12"tall would be perfect. I've looked at PVC cages but they look too well insulated, and there's a troubling BOI thread on Jim. I've used Vision for most of my displays in the past, but this time I want something easier to clean. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts. Thanks!

Old 11-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
Joba
I've been looking for display cages for my boas, too. They're growing like crazy. I'm guessing you're well aware of these cages, but here's a few links just in case. AP gets a lot of positive words on a boa site that I frequent, as do the other listed below as well. I know BoaMaster offers PVC and melamine cages in various sizes. I don't have any first-hand knowledge to offer you on any of these; I've decided on the BoaMaster for my boys, but don't actually have them yet, so I can't really give you a thumbs-up or down. Anyway, hopefully these links will help you.

http://www.animalplastics.com/
http://boamaster.com/
http://www.boaphileplastics.com/
http://www.constrictorsnw.com/cagess...ularcages.html

Old 11-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
codymi
have you looked at boaphiles and marty made?

Old 11-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
Chip
I own Boaphile and Boamaster racks, and have stackable melamine Boamaster cages. I don't hate them, but that tower of melamine is literally the "immovable object," it is hard to clean, and the heat tape is in contact with the animals unless I put cages inside that Boamaster cage.

Animal Plastics first bullet point on their cages is "Holds Heat And Humidity Extremely Well," which is the antithesis of what I am looking for. Constrictors NW looks like a very similar design, though the price is competitive.

Marty Made... now that's one I was unfamiliar with. And a screen top. Not stackable, and I'm not sure how I would mount a radiant heat panel, but it's a start -and shows me that I haven't "seen them all, and nobody makes what I want!"

Old 11-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
MysticExotics
I would have to say Constrictors NW cages are top notch. The only reason I won't be using them for my Carpet Pythons is because they do not have sliding glass doors. I want the option to only open half of the cage door. I will be using the AP cages I do have a couple CNW cages & the quality is great!

Old 11-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
AliCat37
Showcase cages...
Pricey, but oh so nice.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #7
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
I would have to say Constrictors NW cages are top notch. The only reason I won't be using them for my Carpet Pythons is because they do not have sliding glass doors. I want the option to only open half of the cage door. I will be using the AP cages I do have a couple CNW cages & the quality is great!
I'm thinking Vision might suit my needs best, in spite of being heavy and awkward. I don't want sharp corners, because that is where they are sure to poop. And I don't want them sitting flush on each other because ventilation is a must. There isn't a whole lot made that fits the bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCat37 View Post
Showcase cages...
Pricey, but oh so nice.
I thought their prices were reasonable (well, $129 shipping is a bite!), I just can't tell where I would mount a radiant panel, nor how ventilated they are. I also haven't found a pic of the inside corners.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #8
Chip
Just tallied up a cart at Showcase. For one 48" and two 24" cages to stack on top, a basic stand, and heat pad holders, I'm at $ 1369.62 after shipping! For 3, 3 foot cages, the same set up comes to $ 1636.62.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #9
Floof
In regards to Animal Plastics, they do have a Specialty cage designed with ventilation on the sides-- the "Uromastyx cage." May be worth contacting them about whether they can apply that option to their other cages?

Old 11-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
Chip
I'll do that, thank you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google