CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Brian Barczyk to speak at the Az Herp meeting this Tues!

Old 03-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #1
kathylove
Brian Barczyk to speak at the Az Herp meeting this Tues!

Should be an exciting, well attended meeting! Free for members (sign up on Tues if interested), or small fee for non members.

Location map: https://www.facebook.com/#!/azreptil...type=3&theater

The “A.H.A.” Arizona
Herpetological
Association

Dedicated to the Conservation, Study and Understanding of Reptiles and Amphibians

Tuesday evening, March 25, 2014, at 7:00 pm

SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER: From humble beginnings in
Detroit, Michigan, Brian Barczyk / BHB Reptiles started with a dream, and
not much more. His passion for animals forged the way for the growth of his
hobby and eventually the birth of his huge enterprise --- BHB Reptiles. This
evening he'll talk about his career path from the early days in his mom’s base-
ment, to his first building, and through the projects that helped BHB become
what it is today. Running a business, and more importantly a live animal busi-
ness, has its challenges. Brian will discuss the ups and downs over his 25-year
career as a professional reptile breeder. Make sure to save your questions until
the end because all of Brian's talks end with an extensive question & answer
session.

Members free, non-members $5 each . Limited space available!

LIVE HERPS ALLOWED AT MEETINGS AGAIN ! Come on out for the evening, hang out and talk herps, and meet some of the people you've been talking to here on the forums. Our new meeting site is okay with live herps, so feel free to bring some to show off, trade, sell, ??? Bring them properly housed in cages, plastic boxes, cups, etc. Reptile books, supplies, art, ??? that you're looking to sell or swap are welcome too --- feel free to bring them.

The AHA will supply light food snacks for the evening. Feel free to bring a dish or snack to share. www.azreptiles.com

Old 03-24-2014, 11:20 PM   #2
Joba
Planning on being there

Old 03-25-2014, 09:48 PM   #3
Joba
Here now. Wow Brian must not be finding any good restaurants on the road. He's really thin! Should be a good presentation

Old 03-26-2014, 12:59 AM   #4
Joba
Glad I went. Brain gave a good talk and took lots of questions and even hung out with everyone afterwards (I went home though). Topics ranged from his career history, to his opinions on specific reptile markets, to even politics and the USARK lawsuit against the federal government. I even joined the AZ Herp Association while I was there. A Good night.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:12 AM   #5
smigon
Dang, I wish I had known! I had to do a rescue today, the wife was so sad that I started crying there in the parking lot with her. There were two, one looks like a Normal but the other looks to me like a reverse Okeetee. I will post pics 1) when their "alone time" is up in a week, and B) when my new camera arrives.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
kathylove
Yes, it was a great talk! And it was the best attended meeting since I have been here, with more kids, too. It was interesting to hear of all of Brian's ups and downs since he started in herps as a kid. I think a lot of his tales were important for anyone involved in a small business, whether it is related to animals or not.

In May, we will have an old friend out from Florida, Chris Lechowicz. He has done a lot of research into map turtles, as well as other turtles. Even if you don't keep turtles, it will be exciting to watch his adventures catching and marking turtles in beautiful southeastern rivers, and hear him describe his trips. Don't miss it - 4th Tues of May!

Our April speaker had to cancel, and we are working on a new one. If we don't get one from "afar", then hubby Bill Love will fill in with one of his great photographic PowerPoints, of which he has quite a selection to choose from.

As always, we have lots of fun just hanging out with fellow herpers, and those who have time, meet up at Applebee's afterwards to talk herps or whatever else that comes up. Lots of fun for all!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google