CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Why you prefer the morphs you do...

Old 08-12-2005, 11:21 PM   #1
TrpnBils
Why you prefer the morphs you do...

I've got a normal corn, partly because it was cheap, partly because it was one of the few corns at the show where I bought him, but mostly because of the coloration. Of all the different morphs out there, the plain old normal coloration is the one I like the best.

I'm getting a redtail boa in the coming months, and I've been looking at the available color morphs, and again, I like the wild type the best. Why? I don't know, there's just something about knowing that's how they're found in nature (for me anyway) and it doesn't bring an "artificial" feeling to it like some of the real bizarre morphs do (again, this is just my opinion, so don't gripe about it if I offended you by not liking your real bizarre color morph).

So I'm curious, I've already seen the "what's your favorite morph" thread before, but why do you like the morph the way you do? This can be for any snake really. I'm just wondering if I'm not the only one out there that doesn't get excited by all the genetic projects going on...

Old 08-12-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
cornsnakekid92
striped, striped blood red, striped anery,striped amel, striped pink snow and botter montley

i seem to like stripes
i like rosy boas too hmm....

Old 08-12-2005, 11:34 PM   #3
TBurkeIII
i tend to like the strangest of the morphs out there.
generally the more bright the color or most intense patten etc. is what gets me. i also also enjoy the rarity of the stranger morphs. something really excites me about trying to produce things that are not being done by everyone else. thats a little about why i like the morphs i do...that goes for all the snakes i/we breed balls, boas & corns.

Old 08-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #4
Chris Steele
I love a piebald BP though I doubt I'd ever be able to own one. In corns, yeah wild type is one of the most beautiful in my opinion too (okeetee is awesome). Out of the morphs I'd say anything Motley.. not a big stripe fan, but I think motley is just awesome.

Old 08-12-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
Chris Steele
Oh and in boas I'd say anery or hypo or just plain wild type suriname, they have awesome coloration. As for the excitement about all of these morph projects, I'm losing interest. It's going too far for my tastes really because I am more fond of the original morphs like anery, amel, and hypo, but you have to love a bloodred or blizzard. For me it's just that some of the newest morphs are just way to similar to others and in some cases not even as attractive, but thats a personal opinion/taste.

Old 08-13-2005, 12:23 AM   #6
TrpnBils
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Steele
but you have to love a bloodred or blizzard.
It's funny that you mention the blizzard. I don't know why, but I don't like a lot of white on corns. Candy Cane is my least favorite of all. I dunno, it just looks like a little kid started coloring it, got bored in the middle, put down his/her crayons, and left with half of the picture unfinished...lol.

BUT I like blizzards. Why? I don't have any idea. I guess for me it's either very very little white or ALL white.

You also said something about the anery boas. I really like them as well, and they'd be a close second to the wild color if they weren't so much more expensive!

Old 08-13-2005, 01:17 AM   #7
Chris Steele
Haha, sounds like we have quite a bit in common. You just get into snakes? Feel free to PM, IM, or Email me anytime.

Old 08-13-2005, 01:40 AM   #8
JM :o)
I have a real weakness for Red. I'm easily bribed with Red. It's a failing I have no choice but to live with (which is weird as Green is my favorite color!)~ I love the Blood Reds. I love the bright normals and amel stripes because the redden up so much. I love the okeetee's and the Hypo's. RED. I just like the reds!

Old 08-13-2005, 07:00 AM   #9
colinmcc
I like the monochrome types myself.

Anery, Granite and, of course, Pewters .....

Never really thought about why that is. I suppose it's the sharp contrast you get in those with patterns and the way the eyes stand out so much on a nice pewter.

Old 08-13-2005, 08:41 AM   #10
BeckyG
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrpnBils
It's funny that you mention the blizzard. I don't know why, but I don't like a lot of white on corns. Candy Cane is my least favorite of all. I dunno, it just looks like a little kid started coloring it, got bored in the middle, put down his/her crayons, and left with half of the picture unfinished...lol.

BUT I like blizzards. Why? I don't have any idea. I guess for me it's either very very little white or ALL white.
We are so on the same page with this. I don't like candy canes at all. And I don't like a lot of white on snakes, but I do like the solid white of blizzards.

That being said, I also prefer normals, especially Okeetees. The morph I like best is bloodred, though I don't have one yet. Soon...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google