CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > SnakeCreations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

SnakeCreations Welcome friends, to the SnakeCreations forum! This is a place to review breeding plans, progression threads, and shoot the Corn Snake, ummmm... stuff Come on in, grab a drink, tea, or coffee, and lets speak snake!

Pezzato X Targan

Old 07-06-2020, 10:02 PM   #1
SnakeCreations
Pezzato X Targan

Pezzato is a lovely Hypo Bloodred crossed with Targan who is a big Granite Pied-Side. I never wanted to get into pied, but here I am. Pezzato laid 16 nice sized eggs on 5/16. Expected are Bloods, Ghost Bloods, Hypo Bloods and Granites that will, hopefully inherit some of their fathers pied markings.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:32 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Really lovely pairing! Why did you not want to get into pied?

Old 07-07-2020, 04:51 PM   #3
SnakeCreations
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Really lovely pairing! Why did you not want to get into pied?
Thanks! When I decided I wanted to breed again, I had a few projects in mind and a pied project was not on the list. As things always seem to take a turn, this group just happened to fall into my lap and over the year that I've had them they've plumped up and really transformed into some pretty snakes. By the way - Pezzato was sold to me as a male, it was a lovely surprise to find that he is a she.

-Tonya

Old 07-07-2020, 08:13 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCreations View Post
Thanks! When I decided I wanted to breed again, I had a few projects in mind and a pied project was not on the list. As things always seem to take a turn, this group just happened to fall into my lap and over the year that I've had them they've plumped up and really transformed into some pretty snakes. By the way - Pezzato was sold to me as a male, it was a lovely surprise to find that he is a she.

-Tonya
Rare that mis-sexing works on your favor!

Old 08-31-2020, 12:26 AM   #5
SnakeCreations
This pairing was a challenge - they produced all kinked babies, at least half so severe they didn't even pip. All were euthanized except for this one. There are two surprises with this clutch. First - they were incubated in a very controlled environment, right next to two clutches that didn't produce any kinked hatchlings, at all. Second this hatchling has a ruby eye and pupil! He looks like a pretty standard bloodred.

He has one small kink near the end of his tail. He was so tiny - 5 grams, but smashed pinkies from the get-go. The force is strong in this one. I've named him Mr. Grey. Cause he's kinky, right?

I'd love opinions about the reason for kinks and the ruby eye/pupil.

Thanks!

Tonya

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google