• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Can we add events to the Calender?

Kevin M

Corn Addict
I was curious if us members could add events to the Calender? Or if only Admin's had that power?

I ask because Sunday, April 28th 2002 is the New York Metro Reptile Expo in Westchester New York and I'd like to add it.

NY Metro Reptile Expo Site: http://www.reptileexpo.com/

-Kev

Well, I really don't know! I only log in here as the administrator and haven't tried anything as a member. I guess you just need to try it and tell us what happens. If you can add events, then by all means do so.

I'm getting hate mail every day now because I haven't updated my HerpShows.com site in quite a while. Just not enough time to go around...... I really would rather have something like this calendar system there, but it isn't a standalone program that I could plug into that site. There probably is some commercial product out there somewhere that will do it, but time is a problem right now....

Awesome. I might have to add that sometime. Herpshows is a great help though. I know you must have your hands full with Faunaclassifieds... these boards, the snakes, and everything else.... Thanks for providing them.

Any chance of merging everything into one site Rich? I mean I know I'd sure like to see this format in conjunction with lets say the BOI.

-K

Er, Kevin, did you add the New York Metro Reptile Expo as a private event? It's not showing up on the calendar for me, and when I clicked on the link you gave here, it said I wasn't allowed access...

K

Hmm. I dont get it. When I go and check it out it works fine for me.

Is there anyone else that this works for besides me?

btw - Thanks for letting me know ken & ares.

-Kev

I just tried it (again) and it is still not showing up. Also clicking on the link in your above post said I didn't have access either...

I have a feeling that no one can see the event you added except for you, Kevin. There must be a reason that it's called a private event. I guess we'll have to get Rich to add events for us. Or maybe he can change the settings so we can all add events?

K

Hmm...

When I look at the calendar, I see buttons for PUBLIC EVENTS and PRIVATE EVENTS. Are you guys not seeing a PUBLIC EVENTS button? Might be that PUBLIC EVENTS are reserved to the admin in this message board. I looked in the options and there doesn't appear to make it public for everyone.

If you all are NOT seeing that other button, maybe I can set up a special logon ID that will be able to add public calendar events. Wonder how long it will take me to figure out how to do THAT!

There doesnt appear to be a "Public Events" option Rich. And as far as I can tell non admin users can only create Private Events.

-Kev

Back