CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Carol's Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Carol's Corner Just a place to park this year's breeding plans and progress, come take a look and see what I have cooking!

Dinosoar Eggs

Old 04-26-2005, 12:53 AM   #1
carol
Dinosoar Eggs

They are really MBK eggs, layed today. My first crack at reproducing Kingsnakes!

Old 04-26-2005, 02:56 AM   #2
Russell
beautiful!

Hey Carol!
I love Mex Black Kings, but funny, I have yet to buy any. I'm picky, and hoping to find a pair that don't have any white, including underneath the chin, where so many do have that white patch. I know it's rather picky of me, but that's what I hope to find! Many years back, I had the opportunity, but passed them up at a show. Someday! Best of luck in incubation! Looking good!
Russell

Old 04-26-2005, 05:42 AM   #3
CornCrazy
hehe...was it a surprise when you saw how BIG the eggs were compared to corn eggs? My Cali's produced eggs last season for the first time and it was amazing to see the size difference!

Old 04-26-2005, 05:59 AM   #4
DAND
Congrats!!!!

My Cal King laid some huge eggs last year. The babies came out thicker around than a Sharpie marker when they are usually about the size of a pencil.

Old 04-26-2005, 06:20 AM   #5
CornCrazy
That's how my Cali babies were last year, Dave! I had only seen tiny, pencil-sized Cali hatchlings before, also. I am excited about seeing how big they are this year. I am wondering if large babies are the "norm" with my Cali's.

Old 04-26-2005, 07:53 AM   #6
DdotSpot
Congrats Carol! I can't wait to see a big pile of baby black snakes...be sure to take some pictures

Mex Black Kings are definately a cool looking snake!

Old 04-26-2005, 10:58 AM   #7
carol
Thanks!
Yes I was suprised at how such big eggs could come out of a snake that really isn't much bigger than some of my larger corns. I asked my husband if he was ready for 8 little kingsnakes... he looked down and his hands and said "well, at least I'll have thumbs left". Made me giggle thinking of 8 little snakes latched on to every one of his fingers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google