CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Snake Pooping 1 1/2 days after eating?

Old 01-24-2006, 05:29 PM   #1
snakessss
Snake Pooping 1 1/2 days after eating?

I fed my corn 2 pinkies on sunday. When I checked on him last night, I saw him basking under his heat lamp and a poop by the waterbowl. Can snakes digest their food that fast?

Old 01-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
marty.warwick
Well you give them roughly 48 hours to digest their food, doesn't mean it will take that whole time, as long as it looked fine then 1 1/2 sounds fine to me..

Old 01-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #3
Slippery Ernie
It's probably from last week's meal.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
Kvlt
when you feed an adult corn a pretty large meal...does it still poop it out after 2-3 days or will it take longer?

Old 01-26-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
marty.warwick
I'm not sure about this because I haven't an adult.. but I think usually it might take a little longer, I've heard some people who, when they bump up the size of their food, say.. fuzzies to hoppers etc.. they will give an extra day or before handling, but thats waiting for handling.. not so sure about the poo.. interesting question actually lol

Old 01-26-2006, 05:04 PM   #6
stuartjc
mine poo'ed today and was fed monday,
as usually i wait two to three days to handle but she will never poo untill i take her out of the viv, she remains unactive unless i take her out but as soon as she starts moving it seems to stimulate her in passing..

my point is i think it depends on how active they are, the more active the quicker it takes

Old 01-26-2006, 07:37 PM   #7
Preita
I've noticed that when I bumped up from pinks to fuzzys it took an extra day to poo No worries. It's a good thing that your snake's not backed up

Old 01-26-2006, 11:39 PM   #8
Muggle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preita
I've noticed that when I bumped up from pinks to fuzzys it took an extra day to poo No worries. It's a good thing that your snake's not backed up
I notised this too. Candy always pooped on the second day after a feed but when I bumped her up to fuzzies she changed that to the third day after the feed. I assumed it was normal to take longer but it kind of surprised me when I was looking in the cage on the second day trying to find the poo and it wasn't there like normal . Oh well . . .

Old 01-27-2006, 12:11 AM   #9
Bobo's Mama
Since we're talking about poop, I figured I'd throw this in. Since I bumped my amel up to hoppers, she is now pooping more than ever. When she was on fuzzies and pinkies, she only pooped once or twice, but now she poops three or four times. And at least one of the poops each time is hairy. Its gross, but I can even kind of tell what color mouse she ate. Hair = Metmucil for snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google