CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

More of name that morph!

Old 07-23-2007, 07:02 PM   #11
Topazfyre
Okay, here it goes (watch all of these be wrong...)

1. Anery... but there's something odd about it, like it's het for Ice or something.
2. I would say Lava because of the darker coloring, translucent, thin borders, and what looks like the Mimic Motley Pattern.
3. Lava, again, same reasoning.
4. Hypomelanistic- lighter colors with a rather thin border.
5. Charcoal because of the brown and lack of yellow pigment.
6. Amber.
7. Amel.
8. Ultramel- the orange red scales with the really pale yellow ground color.
9. Amel.
10. Amel.
11. Another Ultramel.

Just my opinions. Hope everything goes well, seems really exciting! ^_^

Old 07-23-2007, 07:22 PM   #12
Topazfyre
Mmm... Taking another look, 8 and 11 may also be light reverse okeetees. Post more pics after they've shed? There're all rather beautiful, regardless of morph.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #13
marchettid
1anery
5anery
6 caramel

the rest ameanistics.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #14
tbtusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmksnakes
tbtusk: I'm with you on almost everything. O.K., here we go!

1) Anery A
2) Sunglow
3) Sunglow... possible Amel Bloodred (we'd have to see ventral shots)
4) I'm thinkin' ultramel (or possibly hypo)
5) Anery B
6) Amber
7) Sunglow
8) Reverse Ok.
9) Sunglow
10) Amel
11) Reverse Ok.

And I meant to say hypo for 4 too.

I'm thinking het blood for #3 but homo is possible. The only thing is my normal het snow stripe (i don't think any of those genes would cause it) has a ventral just like that, except with black of course, so that could just be a strange pattern too, although i think that's unlikely. Not sure, only breeding trials will tell for sure of course.

2manysnakes: jeez, that caramel (amber) really is young! She'd worry me if she seemed gravid. I'd be worried about her being gravid too.

Now are you planning on testing these guys to see what they really are? And if so how? Just breed them to each other and see what pops out and hope that gives you some insight? It's going to be fun to see what the hets are.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #15
2manysnakes
We are hopping to get some papers or somehow contact the previous owner to find out. Other wise it could take years to find out all the morphs and hets in there.

We found out the previous owner had to sell them because of getting married and housing rules where he moved. The friend of ours didn't want him to sell them online because he would loss his supply. So he bought them and didn't have enough cages for them all. He put them all in one big cage and they were in there for about 2-3 weeks. In that time he saw them all getting it on with everyone. Thats were we got them. He does have paprework on them all listing hets and everthing. We are going back to get those papers and play look it up.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #16
PtDnsr
1 - anery
2 - amel/sunglow in blue
3 - amel/sunglow in blue too?
4 - normal or hypo, can't tell
5 - anery in blue
6 - caramel
7 - amel/sunglow
8 - amel
9 - amel/sunglow
10 - amel
11 - amel

There's my input. Many of them I put amel/sunglow because it's hard to tell - many of them look to be in shed. Can you possibly get a shot from above on that caramel? That would probably help a little. She sure is small though. If they were together for 2-3 weeks they're probably getting to the point of prelay sheds so you'll want lots of lay boxes for the girls...well, anyone that sheds really unless you've probed them. Otherwise you could end up with a "boy" that lays eggs based on the word of this guy.

~Katie

Old 07-24-2007, 12:43 AM   #17
jaxom1957
1 & 5: Anery
2 (in blue), 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (Reverse Okeetee): Amel
4: Hypo in blue
6: Caramel

Old 07-24-2007, 06:34 AM   #18
Susan
#1 and #5 are anery.
#4 is hypo
#6 is amber
All the others are amels, with many of them sunglows or very close to being sunglow. The last one is not a RO in my opinion...the borders aren't large and clearly defined and the ground color is too washed out.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:57 AM   #19
Pasodama
1. Anery
2. Amel (could be Sunglow)
3. Amel (could be Sunglow)
4. Hypo
5. Anery
6. Amber
7. Amel (could be Sunglow)
8. Amel (IMO Not quite wide, or clean, enough borders for a Reverse Okeetee)
9. Amel (could be Sunglow)
10. Amel
11. Amel (IMO Not quite wide, or clean, enough borders for a Reverse Okeetee)

Old 07-24-2007, 12:26 PM   #20
2manysnakes
Thanks everyone

So many different opinions, but I have gone with the majority vote to classify each of them. I felt kind of silly at first not being able to positively ID any of them, but it seems that I am not alone lol. These little suckers can be quite tricky. Thank you all for your help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google