CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Amethyst exotics first season!

Old 08-31-2015, 02:39 PM   #131
crturley
Ooh, I'll try to email you later about it, but is baby 8 available? And maybe 16 too, depending on their genders?

Old 08-31-2015, 10:08 PM   #132
beccassseven
Jeez Catherine, can you wait until they're all out? Hahaha I still have to choose holdbacks! I'll keep you in mind for those though!

Baby #17 is a smart cookie, went right into the hide! 6.5 grams.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #133
beccassseven
I have some sad news.. my favorite baby so far, #9, has passed. I got up around midnight to check on them and saw #9 at the front of the bin. It looked like it got trapped somehow between the bin and paper towel. Though I'm not really sure how it could've gotten hurt on a paper towel..? I ended up checking on everyone after that and everyone else is doing well.

This breeding stuff sure can be sad business.

Baby #18 came out this morning. We have 1 more to go!

Baby #18, 6.1 grams

Old 09-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #134
MysticExotics
Oh no, sorry to hear about the baby that you lost.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #135
beccassseven
Well baby #19 finally decided to come into the world today! Can't wait til everyone sheds and gets sexed.

If anyone wants to follow along besides on here, I am on facebook as well under "Becca Van Steenberg" and I just started a business page titled "Amethyst Exotics", I'm also on instagram as "beccassseven".

Old 09-04-2015, 02:30 PM   #136
beccassseven
Baby #1 shed for the first time today. Gorgeous. Now to perfect my popping skills..

Old 09-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #137
mkmorphs
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccassseven View Post
Baby #1 shed for the first time today. Gorgeous. Now to perfect my popping skills..

So pretty! Can't wait to see the rest. I remember seeing a popping video that Kathy Love had posted that helped me learn how to pop corns vs how I pop balls and other larger pythons.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Old 09-04-2015, 03:11 PM   #138
beccassseven
That was the first video I watched! Lol

Old 09-05-2015, 05:18 PM   #139
beccassseven
The others have started to shed as well now. Here's a pic of #2, the first lavender to hatch out. Also the first twin. She is at least an inch or two shorter than the rest of them.. anyone have any experience/advice with that? Can I sell her normally or pet only? Or maybe I should keep her... Oh look, I'm already calling her a her... I haven't even popped her yet. LOL

Old 09-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #140
bushsnake
as far as popping goes try to eyeball the ones you think are male, after a while you can tell, keep trying those ones and some are easier then others. When you "find the spot" youll get it everytime. Good luck

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google