• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cottonmouth

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Connie and I had to take a drive out into the Apalachicola National Forest earlier today and on the way spotted this cottonmouth sunning himself right on the sandy road. Well, I had my newfangled Samsung Galaxy S8+ smart phone with me, so heck, why not use that to take some pics and video of it?

Didn't turn out too bad for 4K, I guess, but the shadows seem to be excessively dark to me. Might be some settings in the phone to correct that, but it's not something I have had much reason to look into yet.

Anyway, I guess it IS nice to be able to take 4K video at the drop of a hat just using your phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvRZXRbFJP4

My wife is hinting that she would like to move up to a new smart phone. I cringe at the thought, as it took me hours to explain her tablet, over and over. I do have a camera option on my flip phone, just in case I run into an awesome snake. LOL. My friends and family have become accustomed to me yelling "pull over" when I spot a snake along the road.

That's a beautiful animal and she looks like she is waiting for you to reach down and rub her head.

I'm sure had I done that, it would have become a very notable moment for me... I'm sure all the staff at the hospital would have gotten a chuckle out of that story.

Actually, now that I think of it, I actually did just that to a rather large gray rat snake I saw along the road a few years ago. He didn't seem to mind at all.

Back