• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Morphs of my 2 corns?

LionessModeling

I just adopted these two beauties both 4 years old.
Not sure what morph or type they are.

Red one has red eyes white belly no checkers.

Brown/grey/black has cloudy black eyes grey/tan belly no checkers.

Please help me figure out and ID them
de180842b901deb671dc198b4ba58f18.jpg
44e4e44dbd723793901fa577ce74fc57.jpg
8989a7106fe7a40efa7f8486cf4d86cd.jpg
6b2ae540b83ec16c5b7087d000e04e04.jpg
86f1a8edcc913917fb671e7a26b7265e.jpg
a48a5cd157f4808b2ed70d348874086a.jpg
1ca40ed379e200e213005e09863bfe73.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Agreed. The first one is either a stripe or a motley. The anery (gray one) very clearly has belly checkers.

Also, please separate them. The anery is underweight in these photos and feeding them together is just asking for accidents to happen.

Agreed. The first one is either a stripe or a motley. The anery (gray one) very clearly has belly checkers.

Also, please separate them. The anery is underweight in these photos and feeding them together is just asking for accidents to happen.
I separate them durring feeding time.

Their previous owner has kept them together for the last 4 years and wjen she did try to separate them they refused to eat.

I separate them durring feeding time.

Their previous owner has kept them together for the last 4 years and wjen she did try to separate them they refused to eat.

1 is male and 1 is female.
They are a non breeding pair.
I only feed them together the one time and they were okay but since then I separate them at feedings.

If they are a male and a female, and housed together, they WILL breed. I'm assuming the anery is the female. She is underweight. She needs to be kept separate from the male at all times unless you are actively pairing them to breed.

agreed to shiari's post - seperate them, the anery is to thin
snakes do not want to live together ;) thats a false beliving

Seems to me if they eat in a 'separate space' and THEN you put them into separate cages instead of the same cage, they'll have 'eaten'....

I don't think a snake can predict that you'll put them back 'together' after they eat.

I don't think they can Look out of the cage and see another cage being set up next to them and think
"Oh, look, we are going to be separated, let's go on a hunger strike and not eat when we are separated to eat".

Regardless of your belief in snake premonition, That cage is too small for two snakes. They need to have enough room to establish their own small territories. They'll need multiple hides on each end, so each can have their 'own space'.. In fact, I would recommend a much larger tank, with a warm 'side at each end, and a cool zone in the middle, So the snakes can go to either end of the cage when they want to be alone. maybe a minimum size of 5-6 feet long, and a minimum of 2 feet deep/wide.

Seems to me if they eat in a 'separate space' and THEN you put them into separate cages instead of the same cage, they'll have 'eaten'....

I don't think a snake can predict that you'll put them back 'together' after they eat.

I don't think they can Look out of the cage and see another cage being set up next to them and think
"Oh, look, we are going to be separated, let's go on a hunger strike and not eat when we are separated to eat".

Regardless of your belief in snake premonition, That cage is too small for two snakes. They need to have enough room to establish their own small territories. They'll need multiple hides on each end, so each can have their 'own space'.. In fact, I would recommend a much larger tank, with a warm 'side at each end, and a cool zone in the middle, So the snakes can go to either end of the cage when they want to be alone. maybe a minimum size of 5-6 feet long, and a minimum of 2 feet deep/wide.
That's the plan to upgrade their tank to a much larger size as I know this is much to small for them.

Honestly, 2 cages is easier to deal with, and if one snake gets sick, you'll be able to tell which one had the bad poop, or regurge, or if you need a stool sample for the vet to check.

Back