CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

hunting Italian Wall lizards in the Bronx

Old 10-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #11
CrousesCorns
Cool Vinnie! While on a trip to Tampa we caught Mediterranean Geckos/House Geckos on the hotel walls we stayed at. I only got $6 a piece for them though.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #12
Vinman
I bet you had a lot of fun catching them

Old 10-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #13
mmfrankford
There is a colony of wall lizards established in Cincinnati. However they are not allowed to be collected. The city protects them, even though they are not a native species. Go figure.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #14
ForkedTung
From Wiki;

It is referred to locally in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area as the "Lazarus lizard", as it was introduced to the area around 1950 by George Rau, a boy who was a member of the family that owned the Lazarus department store chain (now absorbed into Macy's). After he returned from a family vacation to Northern Italy, he released about 10 of the reptiles near his Cincinnati home.[2] This prolific lizard has reproduced exponentially, it continues to expand its distribution range annually, and has established itself so well in Southwest Ohio that it is now considered a native (although introduced) species by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources and is protected under State law (it is illegal to harm, capture, or possess this animal without a proper licence.[

Old 10-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #15
Vinman
they are not as pretty as the Ssp That lives by me

Old 10-07-2009, 12:22 AM   #16
Vinman
Damm I just found out that I been selling thes guys too cheap, They go for 40 to 50 bucks ea on the net

Old 11-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #17
Sacred_Nightmares
I have a reason to visit NY now!! xD

Old 11-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #18
Vinman
being you are from Fl if you come here I would take you hunting

Old 11-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #19
Sacred_Nightmares
:] Very nice! I appreciate the offer and one of these days I'll make it up there. xD

Old 11-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #20
salvadorian
how big do they get? Do you still have any? I totally want one!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google