CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Het Cinder influence?

Old 01-24-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
MysticExotics
Het Cinder influence?

Both of these snakes are from the (local) same breeder, picked up at a local pet store.
The one on the left is a Hypo Tessera, the one on the right is a Hypo Motley Tessera, and I think might be het for Cinder. She came in with a batch of Cinder combos.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:07 AM   #2
Seriva Senkalora
Hi,

yes, it seems as if het Cinder sometimes creates a "miami-ish" look. I have several normals het Cinder (and more) who also show a lack of yellow and pretty clear colors.

But I won't use this as a reliable marker for unknown snakes.
Only testbreeding will help you to be sure.

Best wishes,
Seriva

PS: Attached is one of my het Cinder females.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:45 AM   #3
67temp
How can you tell the difference between the tessera and the motely tessera?

I've also heard that motely is not only a pattern modifier but it reduces the amount of visible melan.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post

I've also heard that motely is not only a pattern modifier but it reduces the amount of visible melan.
Motley Tesseras will have smoothed side patterns, usually with some lateral striping, rather than the broken tessellations of a normal Tessera.

I suspect the observed melanin reduction has more to do with Motley's effect on the border patterns, but I do think it might lighten saddle color itself slightly too.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:55 AM   #5
MysticExotics
Quote:

The difference in the side pattern, as well as the dorsal stripe is more like a pinstripe Motley, than a regular Tessera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
Motley Tesseras will have smoothed side patterns, usually with some lateral striping, rather than the broken tessellations of a normal Tessera.

I suspect the observed melanin reduction has more to do with Motley's effect on the border patterns, but I do think it might lighten saddle color itself slightly too.
It's possible, haven't done a lot with Motley. My guess is based on the het Cinders I have had before.
She'll be bred to prove out the Cinder, but I also am wanting to continue to work on more perfect stripe Tessera's in my projects.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:58 AM   #6
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriva Senkalora View Post
Hi,

yes, it seems as if het Cinder sometimes creates a "miami-ish" look. I have several normals het Cinder (and more) who also show a lack of yellow and pretty clear colors.

But I won't use this as a reliable marker for unknown snakes.
Only testbreeding will help you to be sure.

Best wishes,
Seriva

PS: Attached is one of my het Cinder females.
Agreed, but it's a strong suspicion, based on other het Cinders I have had.
I think the Cinder gene will help with my Candy Cane projects.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:36 PM   #7
KvanAalten
A friend of mine bred a Butter Tessera to a Hypo Peppermint, she got mixed babies. Some had this Miami-ish look and others just looked like normal Amel (Tessera). She kept a male of this clutch that was pretty white looking already when he hatched, saw him a while ago in person (he's grown a lot!) and he really has this candycane look to him.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #8
MysticExotics
I got in contact with the breeder of these babies, turns out this female is het Cinder. She's also possibly Homo Dom (Super) Tessera.

Old 11-19-2019, 09:58 AM   #9
67temp
Does het cinder have any influence on eye color?

Old 11-19-2019, 11:31 AM   #10
MysticExotics
Quote:
Does het cinder have any influence on eye color?
Good question, I hadn't noticed. I will have to look.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google