CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Interesting trip to the zoo...

Old 09-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
The Cat
Interesting trip to the zoo...

I was at the Cleveland zoo on Monday and I found some actually wild animals including a baby chipmunk and my first wild caught snake! The snake, which I am assuming is some sort of garter, was on a sidewalk as I was leaving a building so I went up to it and grabbed it. It flailed and musked me pretty but it calmed down for a few photos. And somebody found the chipmunk near an outdoor exhibit and it somehow ended up in our hands.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #2
Joba
A couple of cuties there.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:57 AM   #3
Toboman
Just don't introduce them!
Great pics; for a wild snake, it's very photogenic.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #4
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toboman View Post
Just don't introduce them!
Great pics; for a wild snake, it's very photogenic.
Lol! Yeah, I was surprised at how good it was with pictures. It freaked out for only a minute then was almost as docile as my own snake.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:21 PM   #5
AliCat37
Ahhhh the chipmunks at our zoo have been attacking babies in strollers because people keep feeding them and holding them, so they are used to people.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google