• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Urgent! Baby corn vomitted after a day

It makes a lot of sense but can the starvation damage him? It's been aproximately 3 weeks since he didn't eat anything not counting the regurged one

Based on what I can see of his body condition in the photos you posted, he does not look anywhere near starvation. If he is laying on a flat surface and not curled up and he looks round or like a loaf of sandwich bread, then he is fine. They begin to look triangular with their spine sticking out as they lose weight, and even being slightly triangular will not hurt him as much as a second regurgitation probably would.

It is your decision in the end, and all I can do is make suggestions based on what I have experienced and what I know of your situation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think we are talking apples vs oranges here. I was referring to small corns from hatchling size to 3 months old that regurge because of a prey item too large. They normally need a brief rest period, and smaller prey for their next feeding, which is normally from 5 to 7 days anyway, hopefully with some dusted probiotics.

I am not talking about an established corn that begins regurgitation for no apparent reason, or a large prey item that causes multiple regurgitation. Following the protocol is sound advice, however, not a guarantee that such a snake will survive. There are far too many variables, internal tumors, impactions, coccidiosis, or other diseases. We all hate to lose one of our snakes, and try to do everything we can for their health and well being.

Okay guys, I have some good news. As of today he starting strolling in the viv again. Right now he is climbing the walls, going on the branches, do random snake stuff. Oh god I didn't realize how long he got since he wasn't doing stuff but he definitely got longer. I'm going to wait a few days more and then give him the smallest pinky in my freezer(there are about 9). I'll definitely keep you posted. You are quite thoughtful people

He has eaten his pinky 2 days ago. Rested for a day and he is, as far as observable, perfectly fine right now :). He is energetic and looks happy. Tomorrow I'm going to start handling him

We are so happy for you. When one of my snakes goes off feed I start to panic, even though I've been through this many times over the years. Hope you have many more years to enjoy him.

Back