CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Black Milksnake for Fateamber...

Old 05-26-2004, 01:59 PM   #1
J_Daniels
Black KINGsnake for Fateamber...

Hey! Here's the pic's you wanted to see. Sorry it took so long! Let me know what you think!

JCD

Old 05-26-2004, 02:47 PM   #2
fateamber
So black, so pretty, so KEWL! Wow, and I LOVE his blue belly! How old/ big is he?

Old 05-26-2004, 02:51 PM   #3
J_Daniels
Talking

Glad you like him! He's not even a year old yet, and I'd give him about 14 inches long.

My favorite things about these snakes are their bellies, and how darn shiny they are.

His belly is amazing to me. It's actually not blue, it's black, but it has this... irradescance to it, it's awesome. In different lights it reflects so much color!

Old 05-26-2004, 03:14 PM   #4
fateamber
Kewl! Are you sure he isn't a kingsnake? Black milksnakes are usually still not black when they are that young aren't they? Whatever he is, he is soo pretty

Old 05-26-2004, 03:30 PM   #5
J_Daniels
Yeah, it's kinda hard to see because of how shiny he is, but if you look in the second photo, right under his mouth, you can see some of the white that's still there.

He doesn't have much left, it looks kinda like a cew whit fangs, and then a white goatee...

Old 05-26-2004, 04:12 PM   #6
ChaosCat
That looks like a mexican black kingsnake to me. Mine still has white under her chin, and she's almost two years old. Also, never seen a black milk with a blue belly-let me know if I'm wrong, but the few I've seen all had black or dark grey bellies.

-cat

Old 05-26-2004, 04:18 PM   #7
fateamber
Sorry, I would of hated him to be a kingsnake, they are so much more common :P

I can't believe how black he is!

Old 05-26-2004, 08:53 PM   #8
Amanda E
I've been thinking of getting a black milksnake for a few years now and I've never seen one that black before they were about 3 feet long.

Also, considering black milks are usually sold for a lot ($125-175), I figure it's a black king if it was sold for anything under $100.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:06 PM   #9
Simon
Darn~

wish that they would have that kind of black in corn snakes~~

Old 05-26-2004, 09:30 PM   #10
kenster
I'm going to agree with everyone else and say that is a black king and not a milk. To be that small and that black it can only be a king. Is there any way you could get in touch with who ever you got it from and see what it truly is?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google