CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

trolling?

Old 05-30-2004, 03:28 PM   #1
Jenn
trolling?

i've heard "troll" or "trolling" here and there on the forum, and was just wondering what it means. as far as i know whenever i hear trolling i associate it with fishing..but i really don't think thats what you guys mean when you say it lol

Old 05-30-2004, 03:53 PM   #2
Arson
Trolling is when someone lurks around a forum and makes posts designed to cause trouble.

A Troll is someone on a forum who trolls.

Old 05-30-2004, 09:12 PM   #3
mattsnake
A troll is hungry for attention and mischief. A dreadful creature they are. ...the trolls...

Old 05-31-2004, 06:11 AM   #4
DAND
You weren't too far off with the fishing idea. It's just these individuals are fishing for conflict and attention.

Old 05-31-2004, 08:48 AM   #5
Rachel
And there seem to be quite a few trolls on the forum recently... grr!

Ps what's trolling in the fishing world? Just curious...I've heard of trawling, is it the same?

Old 05-31-2004, 12:18 PM   #6
mattsnake
Trolling is just dragging the bait behind the boat at a steady speed. Works good for trout up here.

Old 05-31-2004, 12:23 PM   #7
Rachel
Oh right, we call that trawling. Nevermind...besides the point! just me being curious

Old 05-31-2004, 01:20 PM   #8
Rich Z
There was an interesting discussion on FaunaClassifieds a while back between a few people who actually admitted that they acted as trolls in order to bring down competing forum site. Trolling is actually used as a kind of cyber-warfare apparently. I'm surprised it isn't more of a problem here.

But I will keep on my toes as much as possible around here, and ask you all to be on the lookout as well and let me know if you see trouble brewing. This message board software has several tools available to help with this sort of problem.

But in all honestly, the best way to defeat trolls is by completely ignoring them. And since this site has a method where any user can block out ALL messages from any particular poster, this is extremely easy to do.

Thanks.

Old 05-31-2004, 06:06 PM   #9
Jenn
wow thats really sad that people have nothing else to do with their times then ruin a great resource such as this site..

Old 05-31-2004, 07:59 PM   #10
Rich Z
Trust me, trolls will not ruin this site. It is nothing at all for me to delete a user and every post they have ever made here. As I have mentioned before, I have no qualms whatsoever about doing that, if the need arises.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google