CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Sad Accident. Advice?

Old 01-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #101
Preita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
I'm scared of them too. I think I watched the movie "Monkeyshines" a few too many times in the late eighties. It combined two of my most intense phobias: confinement/immobility and... monkeys.
I think it's really that I don't trust anything thats almost as smart as me. There is this part in the movie "The Rundown" with The Rock and they are all to drugged up to move & monkies come out of the jungle. Pretty funny, but I think I would break down crying if that happened.

I also have this huge thing about sharks. I will cry if I have to go more than knee deep in the ocean.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #102
Preita
I didn't even know there was a phobia for monkeys

Pithikosophobia

Old 01-12-2006, 08:24 PM   #103
cornsnakekid92
My Phobian is ...... Bees......and dying alone

Old 01-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #104
jzal8
wow lookin good roy...im glad to see it

Old 01-12-2006, 11:13 PM   #105
Susan
It sure does look like Bill has a little trauma-induced proprioceptive (balance) problem going on. I have no idea if anti-inflammatories might help, and sure have no idea what anti-inflammatory and dosage could be used on the little guy. If it's just caused by some inflammation as a result of the trauma, and no permanent damage has been done, time should fix it as well. If I get a chance, I'll look in my book and see what Dr. Mader has listed as a good anti-inflammatory and the dosage for snakes. Maybe Hurley has that info readily available and could make a suggestion. I'm even thinking a nice warm bath might help...helps me when I'm full of aches and pains!

Old 01-12-2006, 11:21 PM   #106
MegF.
I'm wondering if steroids would help with inflammation? I know in humans and mammals, steroids are used routinely with spinal injuries and other inflammatory problems. I'm not sure how they would work on reptiles though.

Old 01-13-2006, 06:45 AM   #107
Gintha
Hes looking good Dean! A little stiff and sore, but at least hes in one piece with no outright huge injuries! *cheers for Bill* Hes looks like I did when I tore the musles in my neck (owwww) kept my right ear on my shoulder for 3 weeks, and boy was it hard to straighten my neck after that!

For the record: I don't mind being included in "guys" hehe.. was just trying to get some smiles =) And yes, I do love to give virtual hugs, and RL hugs... and e-hugs... I'm a huggy person! *hugs everyone* =D Especially like to hug Dean... cause hes adorable and has lots of snakes =O *hugs Dean some more* hehe

Old 01-14-2006, 07:01 PM   #108
dionythicus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
I'll add my own little stupid oversight story. One year in a pet store, I found these little rodent waterdishes with the cutouts on the side... This made them an ideal waterdish for baby cornsnakes, since they could hide underneath. I bought a whole mess of them, rinsed them off, and used them for my hatchlings that year.

The next year, I went to re-use them. Being in a hurry, I ran them through the dishwasher instead of spraying and wiping them down. Unfortunately, the UPC sticker was on the bottom of the waterdish, and while the paper part of the sticker dissolved completely, the glue remained. I put the dishes in the hatchling containers when I set them up, and went about my normal snakekeeping. A couple days later, I was surprised to find out that none of the hatchlings had touched the mice I'd given them the night before. I disposed of the pinks and went to change the water... only to find hatchlings stuck to the bottoms of most of the water dishes. It took lots of careful work to free them, and I think some of them were too traumatized to start feeding and starved to death.

Needless to say, I don't use waterdish-hides with any sort of sticker on the underside anymore. (Most of my hatchlings drink out of little glass condiment dishes now...)

-Kat

I use those dishes, too, and I noticed the sticky residue as well. I tried to take the UPC off when I brought them home and realised that it would be more difficult that it first appeared. I tore off a bit of papertowel and pressed it down to the glue to keep it from sticking to the snake. No problems since then.

Dean, glad he seems to be doing okay. Keep us posted.

Old 01-14-2006, 08:07 PM   #109
SeethersWind
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionythicus
I use those dishes, too, and I noticed the sticky residue as well. I tried to take the UPC off when I brought them home and realised that it would be more difficult that it first appeared. I tore off a bit of papertowel and pressed it down to the glue to keep it from sticking to the snake. No problems since then.

Dean, glad he seems to be doing okay. Keep us posted.

Not to change the subject, but you guys outta get some goo gone. takes that sticky crap right off. . but it does have a strong orange smell.. . which does come off with lots of scrubbing.

Old 01-15-2006, 01:12 AM   #110
dionythicus
I'd rather use a bit of papertowel than chemicals. But that's getting into a different topic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google