CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Virgin Slug-Clutches

Old 04-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #11
Ravenessa
ok thank you! i will get some stuff on sunday just in case... Red is very fat so now I wonder...

Old 04-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #12
Meowthathurt
I'm glad I'm not the only one who went through the "oh so you are a girl?" thing. I got my first ever experience of slugs last year, she was 9 and a half and had never laid a thing in her life. 7wks of hell, around 40 slugs in various states, several vet trips later and my poor girl was in bits. Lost loads of weight, major dehydration, had to have eggs aspirated 3 times and broke 2 ribs. Took months to build her health back up and now we are starting all over again this week.

Anyone got any advice on dealing with this?

Mostly unformed (stinky) goo coming out just now with 2 deformed slugs. Nest box prepped and in place, electrolytes and calcium supplements on hand, will continue feeding as small prey just in case she wants to eat and regular bathing for dehydration all planned.

For info: 10.5yrs old, 6ft4 approx. Can't get a weight as she's not in the mood for handling. Never been bred.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:53 AM   #13
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowthathurt View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who went through the "oh so you are a girl?" thing. I got my first ever experience of slugs last year, she was 9 and a half and had never laid a thing in her life. 7wks of hell, around 40 slugs in various states, several vet trips later and my poor girl was in bits. Lost loads of weight, major dehydration, had to have eggs aspirated 3 times and broke 2 ribs. Took months to build her health back up and now we are starting all over again this week.

Anyone got any advice on dealing with this?

Mostly unformed (stinky) goo coming out just now with 2 deformed slugs. Nest box prepped and in place, electrolytes and calcium supplements on hand, will continue feeding as small prey just in case she wants to eat and regular bathing for dehydration all planned.

For info: 10.5yrs old, 6ft4 approx. Can't get a weight as she's not in the mood for handling. Never been bred.
Poor kiddo. Unfortunately that is something that does happen with corns, some girls go their entire lives without laying and others are guaranteed to double clutch every year. It's one of life's mysteries.

You sound like you are doing a great job with her.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #14
Ravenessa
hmm add on question... 40 slugs of various states was that old slugs that she had kept in or from this year only?

Sorry you had to deal with all this <3

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
clutch, slugs