• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

silverqueen

Pretty!

Very Very pretty indeed!
I really like the colorings on that one.

I'll see if I can find anything similar to it when I go to the expo next Sunday......

wish I can find somethinglike that

It would be neat to see what would result from breeding charcoal-based lines into these. For some odd reason I tend to prefer the charcoal version of every combination over the anerys.

Pewter, I also have a siver queen, she is 8 months old. Her saddles are more solid colored. I'm curious if your snake had darker saddles when young. I'd like to know if my snake's saddles will lighten up with age.

I don´t know, I got them when they where 14 month old...I´m not sure but they didn´t change much...
I have two, the light male and the darker female.
Silverqueen09.JPG

I like both but the male is much more beautiful :)
If they breed sucessfull I will keep a few of them to pic out the best ones...next year I try to breed him to my miami and keep a few...
I think you should buy more of them from Rich this year...I would if I could but I don´t think that I have that much luck to find another pair of them here in europa!

Is there much yellow in that light colored silverqueen? I have two from Rich and they are pretty light like yours.

both of these pics are absolutely nice!
I never get mine to stay still for a nice pic......and my camera sucks too...:eek:

ok, the fist problem is easy to clear.
don´t make pic´s when you want...make them when the snake "want´s".
I just go around and control the snakes every few days...if I look under the pice of wood and the snakes look´s good I take the camera and make some pic´s...that´s all!!!!
most of the time they look not good...they lay there very unnatural, so I wait...one day, or maybe a month...
if you don´t waste time or make trouble they will stay calm for a few shots until they wake up and try to find a new hiding place.

the other way is to take them out, put them on a hand and make the pic...you have to act fast!
if they wake up it is too late...don´t try it and put them back!

that´s all I do...mainly before feeding, that´s the time where I have to disturb them anyway.

so what you are saying is that your pics of the snakes are all sleeping......
hum.....that might be a good idea for me to take pictures too...I"ll try that

thanks for the advice....

Nice snakes

My silver queens are my absolute favorites too...at least until the Mid-Atlantic show when I'm sure I'll spend all my money on something new.

Back