CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

PVC cages or racks?

Old 03-24-2015, 06:42 AM   #11
Dahliasmom2012
I think I am going to get a small rack from animal plastics. The 1960 sterilite tubs although giving less height will give Apophis and Mojo a few inches more floor space than the 20 l aquariums. Plus the smallest rack is a 3 tubber. Gives me a good reason for one more snake. Lol.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:24 AM   #12
smigon
Kathy, on the second pic on the left with the light colored racks and the last pic with the white racks, did you purchase them or build them?

Thanks!

Old 03-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #13
insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
Kathy, on the second pic on the left with the light colored racks and the last pic with the white racks, did you purchase them or build them?

Thanks!
Michelle, the white racks are Animal Plastics 1753/1755 Sterilite racks. I built the clear acrylic cages, and my hubby built the wood racks. Love AP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahliasmom2012 View Post
I think I am going to get a small rack from animal plastics. The 1960 sterilite tubs although giving less height will give Apophis and Mojo a few inches more floor space than the 20 l aquariums. Plus the smallest rack is a 3 tubber. Gives me a good reason for one more snake. Lol.
I ordered the 10-tubber, and it's still not enough, lol! But the 1960 tubs are nice-sized for adult corns.

Kathy

Old 03-25-2015, 05:40 AM   #14
Dahliasmom2012
Haha. Changed my mind again after Mojo spent most of the night being silly and staring at me to will food into her face. I'm going to get a few T3 display from AP.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:51 AM   #15
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac101 View Post
Michelle, the white racks are Animal Plastics 1753/1755 Sterilite racks. I built the clear acrylic cages, and my hubby built the wood racks. Love AP!

Kathy
I couldn't find the 1753 racks, and the 1755 don't seem to have open sides like yours.

The 1851 racks seem to be more like yours. If I am missing them totally would you post a link?

And both sites recommended to buy tubs are dead or they are out of stock on the tubs. I found these but the dimensions are different, would they still work? http://www.sterilite.com/SelectProdu...=179&section=1

Thanks lady!

Old 03-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #16
insomniac101
No, it's my fault - I neglected to mention that they are the Economy Plastic Racks - HERE

Target always has the bins in stock - at least our local store does.

Kathy

Old 03-25-2015, 11:29 AM   #17
smigon
Quote:
No, it's my fault - I neglected to mention that they are the Economy Plastic Racks - HERE

Target always has the bins in stock - at least our local store does.

Kathy
Odd question, do you put the lid on over the bin and just slide the bin in or does the top of the shelf act as the lid, tightly squeezed in the rack? I am still not finding the correct size bins that AP is recommending.

Thanks for your help, Kathy!

Old 03-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #18
insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
do you put the lid on over the bin and just slide the bin in or does the top of the shelf act as the lid, tightly squeezed in the rack?
No lids - the shelf above acts as the lid. I hope Sterilite is still making these bins. Target had tons the last time I was there. They have a purple label, and purple handles, if that helps. The 32-quart tubs are #1753, and the 16-quart tubs are #1755. (Or vice-versa; I'm at work, and don't have one handy!)

I like AP racks, because you can either use the large tubs, or the smaller ones, making the rack hold either 6 or 12 bins, or a combo of the two.

Kathy

Old 03-28-2015, 01:43 AM   #19
ratsncorns
I also really like the AP racks. The economy line of racks are really nice, and affordable. I also have two AP racks with the completely enclosed sides that fit the 32qt and 15qt tubs. My favorite racks! I order mine with casters and six slots. Ali is the best to talk to to if you ever need to call and ask questions about the racks

Old 03-28-2015, 02:32 AM   #20
smigon
Quote:
No lids - the shelf above acts as the lid. I hope Sterilite is still making these bins. Target had tons the last time I was there. They have a purple label, and purple handles, if that helps. The 32-quart tubs are #1753, and the 16-quart tubs are #1755. (Or vice-versa; I'm at work, and don't have one handy!)

I like AP racks, because you can either use the large tubs, or the smaller ones, making the rack hold either 6 or 12 bins, or a combo of the two.

Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
I also really like the AP racks. The economy line of racks are really nice, and affordable. I also have two AP racks with the completely enclosed sides that fit the 32qt and 15qt tubs. My favorite racks! I order mine with casters and six slots. Ali is the best to talk to to if you ever need to call and ask questions about the racks
Thanks, both of you! This info helps a lot. I agree, I liked the economy racks, I have all aquariums now, but if some of them could be put in the bins in a rack I could get them all into one room, I have two coming out of quarantine soon and one coming in today.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google