• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Palmetto demand?

I'm pretty sure it's pretty impossible to make genetically, but I could potentially see palmetto's being used to vary the pied lines more since palmetto is basically an extreme pied. Wouldn't it be awesome to get to a pattern similar to the pieds in ball pythons? Where there are sections of pattern and sections of white. Since current pieds in corns seem to be mostly .. diffused or missing side patterns.

I'm pretty sure it's pretty impossible to make genetically, but I could potentially see palmetto's being used to vary the pied lines more since palmetto is basically an extreme pied. ...

Palmettos are produced through simply recessive inheritance and are more akin to a Leucistic form than P/S. A P/S Palmetto would most likely look the same as any non-P/S Blood. The Pied BP gene is very different from the P/S corn one and more similar to the genetic inheritance of the Pinto coloration in horses. We have yet to stumble across a genetic means to have corns that are similar to Pied BPs. I can't wait until we do though because it is my favorite of the BP morphs.

Terri

Palmettos are produced through simply recessive inheritance and are more akin to a Leucistic form than P/S. A P/S Palmetto would most likely look the same as any non-P/S Blood. The Pied BP gene is very different from the P/S corn one and more similar to the genetic inheritance of the Pinto coloration in horses. We have yet to stumble across a genetic means to have corns that are similar to Pied BPs. I can't wait until we do though because it is my favorite of the BP morphs.

Terri

That's what I kind of figured. A lot of the genetics stuff still goes over my head, so I will admit that up front. But man.. if there was a way to get that kind of gene in a corn... I absolutely ADORE pied BPs. But I fell in love with a corn first :D

Back