CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

My first scaleless hatched

Old 08-15-2014, 10:57 AM   #31
Chip
No scaleless on Ian's as of yet. I've seen lots of photos of normals, they are pretty easy to spot. This on the okeetee side of normal but:

Pretty certain I have a mutation going on.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #32
Nanci
OMG- I forgot!!

Old 08-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #33
El Jefe
Those are some awesome snakes!

Old 08-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #34
Chip
These have changed a lot! So much for thinking anery, charcoal or lavender...

If this photo size blows up screens, I can shrink it and repost when i get home. This is straight off my phone.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #35
Nanci
Well, they are very, very scaleless!

Old 08-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #36
hypnoctopus
Wow, the second one has no pattern on his neck at all.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #37
Chip
Now the first one looks hypo and the second looks normal. Curious as to whether other people have experienced such changes in their hatchlings?

Old 08-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #38
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Now the first one looks hypo and the second looks normal. Curious as to whether other people have experienced such changes in their hatchlings?
They both look great Chip !!!

For your curiosity, here are three pics. of my little guy.

Pic. 1) Not long after hatching (post 1st. shed).....top left
Pic. 2) After 1st. shed........top right
Pic. 3) After 2nd. shed

No real BIG changes other than coloring up. Seems to be getting alot of yellow in the ground color though. Of course the Caramel gene is carried by both parents, so that may be playing a factor.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 08-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #39
Chip
Thanks, Walter! Yep, I bet that het marker is going to show more and more, that should be a fun corn to watch grow. But why the heck did these hatch blue/gray and turn normal? Bummed about the first one, b/c he was my favorite corn I'd ever hatched. The second one, I think is prettier now -though pretty sure he's blue and about to look even more different. I guess time will tell, but these scaleless progression threads are going to get interesting, I suspect.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:38 PM   #40
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Thanks, Walter! Yep, I bet that het marker is going to show more and more, that should be a fun corn to watch grow. But why the heck did these hatch blue/gray and turn normal? Bummed about the first one, b/c he was my favorite corn I'd ever hatched. The second one, I think is prettier now -though pretty sure he's blue and about to look even more different. I guess time will tell, but these scaleless progression threads are going to get interesting, I suspect.
Um......, maybe just something connected to Scaleless ???

I think you are right though, it's going to be interesting to see how much they all change as they mature

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google