• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What morph is this?

gayal

This is a newly hatched baby corn.
The grandparents are a Lavender het Amel and a Stripe Amel. The parents are Amels het Lavender het Stripe. Its siblings consist of Amels and Stripe Amels.
It does not look like any of its siblings at all.
Can the experts here please help me identify the morph ?
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 83
If the parents are both amel it would have to be amel or opal stripe, but the color is just...off. Hmm. Could you maybe do a side-by-side comparison photo with this baby and one of its amel stripe siblings? Perhaps of the parents as well.

The requested pics

This pic is of the Amel parents.
Hope the pics help in the identification!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 79
The clutch of baby corns

The baby corn in question is the one by itself on the left side of the pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 76
Weird. It might just be a little oddball amel stripe with some other stuff going on. I mean think of the variation you see just in "normal" corns, right? I see the occasional amel that doesn't quite look like the others, though usually it's varying shades of yellow and red. There might be some other genes at play here.

Some Amels do take a little while to color up. Be sure to post pics of the little oddball after he/she sheds, it might give a better indication.

There could also be other hidden hets in there.

It looks like an Amel Stripe to me.

Here are two Amel Stripes that I hatched out. They are both Amel Stripes, just on different ends of the spectrum.

Post Shed

Back