CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Help identifying morphs

Old 09-17-2015, 09:29 PM   #1
cobstein
Help identifying morphs

Parents: ultramel bloodred het lavender X Opal bloodred het motley

predictions:
1/4 fire
1/4 ultramel bloodred
1/4 opal bloodred
1/4 ultramel plasma

pic1- suspected fire, red eyes
pic2- suspected opal bloodred, red eyes
pic3- suspected ultramel plasma???, ultramel eyes

Old 09-18-2015, 07:24 AM   #2
Nanci
I don't think 1 is a fire. Fires look like amels. Red, or bright orange.

I'd wait for Shiari's opinion on them!

Old 09-18-2015, 08:47 AM   #3
cobstein
That what i thought but they aren't as pink/white as number 2. Also for the third pic. Could there have been an anery/ charcoal gene mixed in there because they look greyer than I would have thought

Old 09-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
Shiari
I would like an up-close photo of the eye of the first baby. Color is totally off for a fire, and I *think* I can see a hint of darker pigment where the 'back' of the eye is, through the skull and that's something you don't see on amels.

As seen below, lavender + hypo-type can create nearly amel looking animals. This is Blizzard (sold as such, clearly is not), my patternless hypo lavender stripe.

He looks like an amel, right?

But here we can clearly see the peaches/purples of a *really nice* hypo lav.

Also, male hypo lavs tend to be much lighter than their female counterparts. So I suspect that an ultramel lavender would be the same. Is that first snake male?

Your last baby does look like a lot like what I would expect an ultramel anery lavender to look like. He's definitely close in color to the ghost lavs I've hatched.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:57 PM   #5
cobstein
So ur saying the 3rd one is an ultramel anery lavender diffused? There must have been an anery gene mixed in there. I will post a picture of the first one tomorrow as I am not home. Am I right on the middle one being an opal bloodred?

Old 09-18-2015, 08:05 PM   #6
Shiari
The middle one could be an opal, or it could be an avalanche. Daylight pictures would help a great deal.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:14 PM   #7
cobstein
here are some more pics
pic 1- close up pic of the eye of the "suspected Fire" (clearly not, pic 1 in original post)
pic 2 and 3- daylight pic of opal (was kind of cloudy and near dusk) and close up of the eye, because I noticed a thin black ring around the pupil even though the iris is red.
Let me know what you think

Old 09-20-2015, 08:39 PM   #8
Shiari
Alright, I think your 'fire' is actually an opal blood, and your 'opal' is actually an avalanche or snopal blood.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:17 AM   #9
cobstein
so what we've got is
1.opal blood
2.snopal blood or avalanche
3. Ultramel anery plasma???

Is there any way to tell between an avalanche and snopal. Does the black ring around the pupil, that I meantioned before mean anything?

I can post daylight pics of the 3rd if that makes it easier to identify.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:16 PM   #10
Shiari
No, a snopal blood and an avalanche are pretty much going to look the same. Test breeding will be required.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google