CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

"Blued Steel" Pippies!

Old 07-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #81
SnakeAround
I was thinking, since all the offspring of Marc's SBG mot x SBG mot look the same, the parents are surely carrying a dilute-hypo combination on 1 gene. In that case, the offspring would have shown 3 phenotypes; DiDi, DiHy and HyHy. So, apparently, these parents are homo anery and homo dilute, or triple homo (also for hypo A), right? I think the latter, cause the dad is quite pink, like the triple homo blue ghost shown in this thread. And my silver blue mot is somewhat lighter then most of the blued steel baby's in this thread. Maybe someones suggested the above already, but I'm not sure about that and i am really curious.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #82
SnakeAround
EDIT; surely NOT carrying a dilute-hypo combination on 1 gene

Old 07-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #83
Serpwidgets
Ya, I agree, it appears that Marc's are anery motley dilutes.

Joe, the look of that hypo motley is familiar. I want to see more pics of it.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:43 PM   #84
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpwidgets
Joe, the look of that hypo motley is familiar. I want to see more pics of it.
OK, Rob will be sending me some more photos as soon as they shed.

Familiar, as in you have seen something similar before, or it looks like Hypo Motleys you have seen before? I haven't hatched out a Hypo Motley, so I don't know, except from the photos I have seen.

I questioned Rob about the breeding history of the Blue Motley male that produced this clutch. He was apparently the male that produced the Hets for Blue Motley Pewters also. He has proven to be het for Hypo, so the Hets for Blue Motley Pewters would have been Het Dilute and 50% poss het Hypo. About 50% Dilutes would have been expected, which seems to be the case, if you add the Blues and “Hypos” together. I am not sure at this point that anybody could pick out a Dilute, Dilute Hypo or Hypo in the same clutch with any certainty, unless the Anery gene is also in the mix.

It seems as if Rob has picked out the Blues and Hypo Blues, but is seems likely that the Dilutes and Hypos that he has produced from this group have been lumped together as hypos.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:56 PM   #85
Serpwidgets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreipeoj
Familiar, as in you have seen something similar before, or it looks like Hypo Motleys you have seen before?

She was originally thought to be a hypo motley. She came from parents that looked like her, the one sibling we had also looked the same. (My understanding is that this is what her parents look like: http://cornsnake.net/gallery.php3?id=59)

She was crossed to a blood het hypo, and no hypos resulted, so the conclusion for now is that she's not hypo. (There were 9 hatchlings, so it's still possible that I was simply unlucky. Here's the clutch: http://www.cccorns.com/Clutch16.php)

There's something about the quality of the colors that just strikes me as similar. The pic you posted is what she and her sister looked like as hatchlings.

(One other point of interest about this female: her eyes are light tan, same as her ground color.)

Old 07-20-2006, 06:06 PM   #86
SnakeAround
Quote:
Ya, I agree, it appears that Marc's are anery motley dilutes.
Hehehe, I like that!

Old 07-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #87
ecreipeoj
Quote:
There's something about the quality of the colors that just strikes me as similar. The pic you posted is what she and her sister looked like as hatchlings.
I remember you talking about her before. She sure does look like a Hypo Motley. Do you happen to have her hatchling photos, so we can compare too?

Old 07-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #88
ecreipeoj
Hypo Lavender X Blue Motley F-1's

I received an email from Rob that one of his Hypo het Lav Blue Motley clutches was hatching.
Quote:
Joe
Here is what hatched out so far. Out of the others there seems to be one more
like this one and the rest are either normal or hypo. He is showing more purplish color than shows in the photo. Much different than Pastels. I will send another pic a soon as more come out.
Later ROB
So what morph do you think this one is? Hypo Dilute Lav Motley?, or Hypo Lav Motley, or Dilute Lav Motley? Or is the Anery gene in the mix too?

The first thing that jumped out at me when I received this email is that he is hatchling Hypos and Normals in the same clutch. The only explanation that I can come up with is that he did not save back only Hypos, but one of these parents is a Dilute. The pairing would have to be a Hypo X Dilute and one of them was het for the other gene. This would also mean that the Hypo Lav Rob used to start this project was carrying the Dilute gene, which would be the first link to my Sunsets.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #89
bribrian
Wow!!! whatever that little one is, it's a stunner...

Old 07-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #90
carol
It's too dark to be a Hypo Lav Mot. Looks like a Dilute Lav Motley. It really makes me wonder about some of the odd ball lavs I hatched this year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google