• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I guess I'm going to be all alone in here.......

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
I made offers to the following breeders to set up a forum in here for them:

Don Soderberg
Kathy Love
Jim Stelpflug

Don said he is too busy to spend any time here on this site. The last I heard from Kathy was she would think about it. And Jim never responded to my email.

Sorry folks, I thought it would be nice to have forums here where you could all interact with the major breeders of corn snakes. Plus I thought it would have been interesting to see the different perspectives about issues we all face in this business.

Maybe it was just a foolish idea to begin with.

Guess I'll have to come up with a better name for this category, though, since I will be the only rogue in here.

too busy for their vip customers!? aw :(

That's too bad, they don't know what they are missing. That's ok, as long as we have you, I think we will all be happy.

Maybe they will take you up on your offer during the "slow season." I tell you, posting pictures and the such, really makes me want to buy from those breeders more than others. Two names that come to my mind are possibly Mike of Mike's Motleys and Kim of Kim's Colubrids....but Mike is getting out of the business and I just checked Kim's site and she is gone too... Wow...

I don't think it was a foolish idea. Maybe after the really busy hatching season is over they may change their minds:) This is a great forum and it's growing all the time.

BTW, who is Jim? Website, please? I'm surprised I haven't heard of him....unless it is the fellow from Homegrown Herps? I know that he is a Jim. lol... Too bad Clint doesn't do shipping... he should give it a try. Maybe Frank Pinello?

Well....it's understandable why they can't be here most of the time....it's not their site and maybe because of all the hatchlings they have already.
I mean you are the administrator.....so that is why you are here most of the time. But for them.....maybe it's just not too worthwhile for them......IMHO........but doesn't matter as long as we have you here, we are still getting a very helpful source of imformation......

Rich,

Sounds like the general responce is: have faith, be persistent, and please try again this winter. I'll add my voice to that chorus too. Sure, maybe it won't payoff, but at least you'll be able to say you gave it your best effort (ROFL, look at the fresh fish trying to give pearls of wisdom to someone like Rich, hehehe.)

What's it take to be a "major" breeder anyway? Obviously it doesn't have to be a fool-time occupation (like some not-to-be-named-idiot I know who thinks it *can* be for him.) I'm guessing that it's a combination of tenure and volume? Having a certain level of renown within some special "inner-circle"?

Does John Organiscak qualify, for example?

Anyway, I thought (think) it's a neat idea, and would be disapointed if nothing came of it.

^Curtis

Rich,
I'm really surprised! I would have thought that any of them would have jumped at the chance for some free advertising. Don and Kathy have always taken time to respond to emails. I afraid I don't know Jim. I direct no disrespect towards them on there choices, I still consider them leaders in the colubrid breeder market. However YOU have my full attention.

Matt L.

I'd like to see them here also.......

But it may just be that they are concerned that if they make the commitment to have their own forum that they may not be able to attend it as often as they would like to.

That's one of the great advantages of just being a member, I can go through forums quickly if I don't have much time. I can visit sometimes and not even post.

It's a good idea, I think it would be good for business. It would be a way for breeders to showcase their animals and explain a bit about projects they are working on.

Another advantage would be that it will help personalize the breeders. The art of breeding corns is something that most breeders love to talk about and learning more about each individual and their experiences would also help promote their business.

I've dealt with all of the breeders mentioned and consider each and every one top notch, even if they can't attend this forum.

Well, no one can say I didn't at least make the effort. I wanted CornSnakes.com to be a generic corn snake site, and not just an offshoot of my SerpenCo site.

Oh well, if this is going to be SerpenCo's CornSnakes.com Forum, then so be it. I don't have a problem at all with that situation.

I love this forum! Infact I live such an unfull life I spend most of the day here and in http://www.ssnakess.com/ another forum but for different types of herps.

I think both sites are better than anything else out there. LoL Technically no one needs to get any books LoL everything can be found in one or both of these sites. And for that I am truely greatful!

And I will be even more greatful when you tell me my snakes are on their way LoL

Anways Everyone knows this is the place to come to for cornsnake knowldge. The fact that you own the site is not as important as the fact that you care enough to ensure that the knowldge is shared with everyone.

Thanks

Well, I hope when winter comes and the snakes are all bedded down that perhaps Don and Kathy will wander in and see what an advantage this forum has over "that other corn forum".

Personally, I've noticed less flaming and nitpicking bs here than on the other, and it seems that the quality of responses is higher and more effort is put forth in giving answers. The advantage of being able to mark the forums as read and just bring up the new ones is a huge plus.

It feels more like a group of friends here, not a pack of wolves just waiting to zing the next unsuspecting soul that *gasp*, heaven forbid, isn't a mastermind of corn genetics and husbandry. I hope it remains that way.

I agree with everyone, it sure would be nice to have a true Rogues Gallery. Perhaps it will come, I hope so.

In the meantime, I am just going to keep on enjoying this forum.

Rogue? What's it mean?

How did the term 'rogue' in reference to corn breeders come to be? And what exactly does it mean in this context? I've never heard it before this forum, so I'm curious.

Liz - I used the term 'rogue' as a tongue in cheek jab at us all. In this context if means scoundrel, pirate, or privateer in a playful manner.

BTW, I got your phone message. Thanks. A bunch of Pewters took there first meals last night with gusto, so it looks like a good batch of them. I'll be feeding them again in about 5 days and can ship a few days afterwards.

Hey Rich,

Who's "gusto?" Your dog? Or one of your helpers?

(Just kidding. As you know--You only go around once, so you've got to gust for all the grabbo you can get. Right?)

Rogue's Gallery

Actually, I think this is a great idea. At first I was worried I might have to be more computer literate than I am to "do" the site. But it looks like it might be as simple as posting here. So that isn't a problem. But I am concerned about actually taking on a new commitment during baby and show season. I would hate to start something and not follow through as promised. For the moment, I would prefer to just post here as time permits, as well as on "that other corn forum".

I do have to admit to finding this more interesting. Although it is important to answer the usual questions for new keepers (the ones that get asked at least once per week, every week), I am glad that there are some people who seem to have the time and energy to keep doing it. It is a lot more fun to answer the more thought provoking questions and comments!

Once the show season is over and a lot of the babies have been sold, I would like to start my own section, if the offer is still open.

Thanks!

Sure Kathy! Just let me know when you are ready.

I think you will find this is a lot of fun as well as being an asset to your business.

Thanks!

Back